Skip to main content
Microenterprise Reinvestment in Communities Affected by the Earthquake
The specific objective is to provide emergency funding and business support the revitalization of some 12,700 low-income families, with an emphasis on some 3,000 women who have suffered total losses of home or business, or health problems resulting from the earthquake that prevents them from working.
80% of FE's portfolio is located in the area affected by the earthquake, which corresponds to the regions (V, VI, VII, VIII, IX and Metropolitan). Of these, 45% of the portfolio was affected by the earthquake which correspond to more than 13,800 families. The earthquake and tsunami generated mass destruction in the disaster area (regions VI, VII and VIII that have high rates of relative poverty in the country). It is estimated that around 25% of FE clients in these territories lost their home and / or your business (infrastructure and / or fixed assets). The remaining 75% keep their home or business infrastructure but have total or partial loss of goods and / or machinery and not have the resources to restrain this. Therefore the impaired portfolio may well surpass the $3 million. FE needed to continue their services, restructure the impaired portfolio and provide a solution to these women to enable them to continue their businesses and support their families.

Project Detail



Project Number


Approval Date

August 4, 2010

Project Status


Project Type

Loan Operation





Lending Instrument

Instrumento del Fondo Multilateral de Inversiones

Lending Instrument Code




Facility Type


Environmental Classification


Total Cost

USD 2,390,000.00

Country Counterpart Financing

USD 1,290,000.00

Original Amount Approved

USD 1,100,000.00

Financial Information
Operation Number Lending Type Reporting Currency Reporting Date Signed Date Fund Financial Instrument
2364/MS-CH Non-Sovereign Guaranteed USD - United States Dollar MIF-Small Enterprise Investment Fund MIF Financing
Operation Number 2364/MS-CH
  • Lending Type: Non-Sovereign Guaranteed
  • Reporting Currency: USD - United States Dollar
  • Reporting Date:
  • Signed Date:
  • Fund: MIF-Small Enterprise Investment Fund
  • Financial Instrument: MIF Financing
Jump back to top