Our lending is guided by policies and frameworks that apply to economic sectors or special areas listed below.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL POLICY FRAMEWORK
SAFEGUARDS POLICIES (FOR OPERATIONS APPROVED BEFORE NOVEMBER, 2021)
- Environment and Safeguards Compliance and Guidelines
- Natural Disaster Risk Management and Guidelines
- Public Utilities
- Involuntary Resettlement and Guidelines
- Gender Equality in Development and Guidelines
- Indigenous Peoples and Guidelines
SECTOR FRAMEWORK DOCUMENTS
- Skills Development
- Integration and Trade
- Housing and Urban Development
- Support to SMEs and Financial Access/Supervision
- Citizen Security and Justice
- Social Protection and Poverty
- Water and Sanitation
- Innovation, Science and Technology
- Gender and Diversity
- Decentralization and Subnational Governments
- Environment and Biodiversity
- Climate Change
- Fiscal Management
- Early Childhood Development
- Transparency and Integrity
- Extractive Industries
* The operational policies of the Inter-American Development Bank are intended to provide operational guidance to staff in assisting the Bank's borrowing member countries. Over the course of the Bank's more than 50 years of operations, the approach to developing operational policies has taken various forms, the most recent reflected in the Report on the Ninth General Capital Increase.
Discover the topics and sectors in which we work to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Explore our offices across countries and the work they do to improve lives.