“Demand Solutions: Ideas for Improving Lives in Cities” will convene some of the world’s most creative minds to share ideas on making cities more liveable
The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), together with the Blum Center at UC Berkeley and UCLA, have opened registration for Demand Solutions: Ideas for Improving Lives in Cities, a one-day event on September 29th at the IDB’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
The event, which kicks off at 9a.m., will feature inspiring speaker presentations, interactive Q&A sessions with the audience, and networking opportunities with innovators addressing urban challenges around the world.
Demand Solutions is a movement that connects some of the most creative minds, entrepreneurs, and innovators from across the globe with development specialists, government officials, private sector representatives, members of academia and students from Latin America and the rest of the world. The goal of this event is to foster knowledge sharing and collaboration among attendees, including leading urban planners, in order to find new solutions to improve lives in cities everywhere.
The event features a lineup of influential speakers, including:
- Richard C. Blum, Chairman, Blum Capital Partners & Founder and Trustee, Blum Center for Developing Economies
- Jan Gehl, Founder Gehl Architects
- Janette Sadik-Khan, Principal, Bloomberg Associates
- Paola Santana, Founder & COO Matternet ONE
- Beth Simone Noveck, Director Governance Lab at NYU
- Yaniv Peer, Associate Exploration Architecture
- Ryan Chin, Managing Director MIT Media Lab
- Jerry Sanders, Chairman & CEO SkyTran
- Mohamed Hage, Founder Lufa Farms
- Luis Alberto Moreno, President, Inter-American Development Bank
- Kai-Uwe Bergmann, Partner, BIG - Bjarke Ingels Group
- Nicolás Garcia Mayor, Founder CMAX
- Daniele Quercia, Visiting Scientist, University of Cambridge
- Sten de Wit, Lead Innovator SolaRoad
- Gabriela Frias, Business Anchor for CNN en Español
- Pedro Moneo, Founder and CEO at Opinno and Publisher of MIT Technology Review en Español
- Leonor Espinosa, Chef
The event closes with Venture Night, where 15 ground-breaking startups led by young disruptive innovators from Latin America and the Caribbean will pitch their ventures and receive feedback from a panel of expert judges.
To register for Demand Solutions: Ideas for Improving Lives in Cities, see the complete program and more information, please visit: Register Now!
Participants are invited to attend the event or follow via Livestream. For either option, registration is required.
Follow us: Join the conversation! #DemandSolutions
The Inter-American Development Bank is devoted to improving lives. Established in 1959, the IDB is a leading source oflong-term financing for economic, social and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean.The IDB also conducts cutting-edge research and provides policy advice, technical assistance and training to public and private sector clients throughout the region.