The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) will on Jan. 15 award the GobernArte Prize for the most innovative government programs to five states and provinces from Latin America, in the smart government and the citizen security categories.
The winners will receive the prize from IDB President Luis Alberto Moreno at a special event in the Bank’s headquarters in Washington, DC. The winners are:
- “Smart Government Category”: States of Colima and Puebla states (Mexico); State of Pernambuco (Brazil)
- “Secure Government Category”: States of Pernambuco and Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil); Province of Santa Fe (Argentina).
The winners of the GobernArte prize showed how they met the citizen demands for world class services within tight budgetary limitations, in a broad range of services from providing driving licenses to registering new businesses and carrying out public consultations in citizen security.
In its first edition, GobernArte received 71 applications from more tan 30 subnational entities in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Peru and Chile. Of these, 55 met the prize’s requirement and were evaluated by a panel of external experts.
Members of the press that wish to cover the ceremony should register previously with María Inés Vásquez, firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT: GobernArte awards ceremony for best subnational government programs
- Mario Anguiano, Governor of the State of Colima, México
- Antonio Bonfatti, Governor of the Province of Santa Fe, Argentina
- Eduardo Campos, Governor of the State of Pernambuco, Brazil
- Rafael Moreno, Governor of the State of Puebla, México
- Airton Michels, Secretary for Security in the State of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
- Luis Alberto Moreno, President of the IDB
WHEN: Jan. 15, 2014, at 4:00 p.m.
WHERE: The Enrique V. Iglesias Conference Center, Room CR-2, 1330 New York Ave, N.W., Washington, D.C.