1. The use of this Inter-American Development Bank (“IDB”) web site (the “Web Site”) is governed by the terms and conditions set forth below (the “Terms”). By using this Web Site, you agree to such Terms, as they may be modified by the IDB from time-to-time and posted on this Web Site. Certain features or functions of the Web Site, or linked to by the Web Site may be subject to additional or different terms and conditions (“Associated Sites”). Associated Sites may or may not be under the control or influence of the IDB. The IDB disclaims any responsibility or liability for the content or operation of Associated Sites not actually operated by the IDB and emphasizes that users will be subject to the terms and conditions applicable to such Associated Sites, whether or not operated by the IDB.
2. The IDB has produced works and data that may be found on this Web Site and/or Associated Sites (the “Works”). The Works may be subject to additional terms and conditions of use, including, without limitation, terms and conditions associated with third parties’ materials.
3. For the remainder materials, users may download, copy and reprint such information from the Web Site for non-commercial purposes, subject to any terms and conditions contained within materials expressly attributed to third parties, so long as the IDB is cited as the source of the originating material. Users may not reprint or distribute material for which a third party is identified as the copyright holder, unless permission to do so is expressly permitted for such third-party material. Users may not place "frames" around the materials and/or Works from the Web Site without the express written authorization of the IDB.
4. The contents of materials expressly attributed to or identified as being produced by third parties, (including without limitation, the rating reports by Moody’s Investors Service and Standard & Poor’s, and the contents of the Euroweek Review), are the property and responsibility of such third parties and not of the IDB. Use of these documents is subject to the legal terms and conditions contained therein, if any.
Procedure for making claims of copyright infringement
5. The IDB respects the intellectual property rights of others. You may notify the IDB in accordance with the following procedures if you believe that the content of any of your works has been copied in an infringing manner.
6. The IDB has implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed infringements and has designated a department to receive notices of claimed copyright infringement. If you believe in good faith that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may provide a written communication which contains the following:
(i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
(ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
(iii) a description of the location on the Web Site or Associated Sites administered by the IDB of the material that you claim is infringing;
(iv) your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
(v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Please submit your notice to the following IDB's department:
Attn: Knowledge, Innovation and Communication Department
Inter-American Development Bank
1300 New York Avenue NW
Washington, D.C. 20577.
No Endorsement and no Association
7. You may not publicly represent or imply that the IDB has endorsed the manner or purpose of your use or reproduction of the Works and/or any other materials, this Web Site and/or the Associated Sites.
8. This Web Site also contains links to web sites and information not under the control of the IDB. The IDB provides these links and any such information as a convenience for users of its Web Site and is not responsible for their contents. The presence of a link does not imply endorsement or approval of its contents by the IDB.
9. The opinions and findings of authors or compilers contained in the Web Site are sole those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the point of view of the IDB, its Board of Directors or its member countries.
10. You may not use IDB name, acronym, emblem, logo or any other IDB official mark, without the prior written consent of the IDB.
11. All information on the Web Site is provided “AS IS”, with no express or implied warranty of any kind, including but not limited to any warranty of merchantability, suitability, non-infringement or fitness for any particular purpose. Use of this Web Site is at user's sole risk. The IDB makes no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any of the material on the Web Site and under no circumstances, including but not limited to, negligence, shall the IDB be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential expenses or damages incurred by reason of its use, including expenses or damages arising from communication failure and/or computer malfunctions associated with use of the Web Site. Information that relates to a particular date is offered only as of such date, and the IDB undertakes no obligation to update any material on the Web Site. The IDB may, in its discretion, periodically add, change, improve or update any information on the Web Site without notice, and reserves the right to limit or discontinue the Web Site or deny any user access thereto without notice.
12. Furthermore, maps and any other information of a similar nature found in this Web Site are for reference only, and may not have been prepared for, or be suitable for legal, engineering, surveying or any other specific purpose and/or use. While the IDB attempts to provide accurate data, information available in the Web Site may use data resources from other sources, including public sources. As such, the IDB does not guarantee or represent that any information is free of any errors, omissions, and/or positional inaccuracies. The boundaries, colors, denominations, or any other information shown in any map or otherwise cannot be construed as an opinion on the legal status of any territory, or any endorsement or acceptance of such boundaries.
13. As a condition of use of the Web Site, you agree to indemnify the IDB from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of your use of the Web Site, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that, if true, would constitute a breach by you of these Terms. If you are dissatisfied with any material on the Web Site or with the Terms of the Web Site, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Web Site.
14. This Web Site contains materials relating to IDB securities which are provided for information purposes only. Such materials do not constitute an offer of or an invitation by or on behalf of the IDB to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any IDB securities. The IDB does not intend to solicit and is not soliciting any action with respect to any IDB securities through this Web Site.
15. Nothing included in this Web Site shall be deemed to be incorporated into the IDB’s Global Debt Program Prospectus dated January 8, 2001, the IDB’s Global Debt Program Prospectus dated July 28, 2020, or into any other offering document for IDB securities.
16. All materials contained herein relating to IDB securities should be read in conjunction with the appropriate offering document or prospectus and any applicable supplement thereto, and any other materials that they supplement or that are incorporated by reference therein. IDB securities mentioned herein may not be eligible for sale in certain jurisdictions or to certain persons and may be subject to other restrictions.
17. Nothing in this Web Site or any materials therein shall be construed, explicitly or implicitly, to contain any investment recommendations. The IDB is not registered under the U.S. Investment Advisers Act of 1940. Accordingly, nothing in this Web Site or in any materials therein should be considered investment advice. Investors considering purchasing IDB securities should consult their own financial, legal and tax advisors for information about such securities, the risks and investment considerations arising from an investment in such securities, the appropriate tools to analyze such investment and the suitability of such investment in each investor’s particular circumstances.
Use of forums
18. The users of the forum pages contained in the Web Site will not be able to incur in illegal or defamatory practices and must observe the rules described herein. The IDB reserves the right to eliminate, at any moment and without notice, the material submitted through these forums.
Administration of the Web Site
19. The Web Site is controlled, operated and administered by the IDB from its offices within the United States of America and all data is stored in the United States of America. The IDB makes no representation that materials at the Web Site are appropriate or available for use at other locations outside of the United States of America. Access to the materials on the Web Site at any location where such content may be illegal is prohibited. If you access the Web Site from a location outside of the United States of America, you are solely responsible for compliance with local laws.
20. Any information submitted to the IDB shall be subject to our Privacy Notice, which is available at: https://www.iadb.org/en/home/privacy-notice. The Privacy Notice is incorporated into these Terms and is subject to change from time to time as set forth in the Privacy Notice.
Governing Law, and Dispute Resolution. Privileges and Immunities.
21. These Terms (including this clause 21), shall be governed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, United States of America, except for its conflict of laws provisions. Any dispute arising out of, or in connection with, these Terms, the Web Site and/or your use of the Web Site which cannot be amicably settled between the parties to such dispute shall be arbitrated in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association then in effect by one arbitrator appointed in accordance with those rules, provided that the IDB reserves the right to apply for temporary, preliminary and final injunctive relief to enforce any of the provisions of these Terms relating to the use of its copyrights, trademarks, other intellectual property rights and data security. The arbitration shall take place in the District of Columbia. Any resulting arbitration decision shall be final and binding on both parties. Judgment upon any arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
22. No waiver by the IDB of any provision of these Terms shall be binding except as set forth in writing signed by its duly authorized representative.
23. Nothing in these Terms or the contents of the Web Site shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation, restriction or waiver of any rights, privileges or immunities granted to the IDB or IDB personnel under any treaty or domestic or international law, which are specifically reserved.
Discover the topics in which we work to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Explore our offices across countries and the work they do to improve lives.