(202) 623 - 1684
Mr. Soriano is a Principal Evaluation Officer and he also leads the Country Program Evaluation (CPE) cluster. He has 20 years of experience evaluating IDBG policies, strategies, sectors and instruments. For almost a decade, he managed the evaluation services to the private sector arms of IDBG, now IDB Invest and IDB Lab.
Prior to joining IDB, Mr. Soriano held leadership positions at the strategy consulting firms Booz-Allen and Andersen, where he led advisory activities in the US, Europe and Latin America; working directly with dozens of CEOs of multinational firms in private equity, financial services telecommunications, oil & gas, energy, water, mining, agribusiness, manufacturing, consumer goods, entertainment, retail and pharmaceuticals. Also an entrepreneur, Mr. Soriano was the founder and CEO of a financial services company operating in several Latin American countries, serving small and medium size enterprises; as well as the originator of the Advisory Services Division at the Inter-American Investment Corporation (IIC).
Mr. Soriano holds a Master of Science in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University, as well as a Master of Science in Business Administration with highest honors. Mr. Soriano is also a certified ISO-9000 Lead Quality Assessor and a Juris Doctor specializing in corporate law. Mr. Soriano has also co-authored research on innovation best practices, public-private partnerships, financial and capital markets, business strategy, organizational design and process reengineering. Mr. Soriano has also held several teaching positions, including at Stanford University as a Research Assistant to Physics Nobel laureate Stephen Chu.
Some of Alejandro's publications at OVE include:
- Comparative Study of Equity Investing in Development Finance Institutions
- Evaluation of IDB Group's Work through Financial Intermediaries: Leasing & Factoring Background Report
- Evaluation of IDB Group's Work through Financial Intermediaries: SME Finance Background Report
- Evaluation of IDB Group's Work through Financial Intermediaries: Trade Finance Background Report
- Evaluation of IDB Group's Work through Financial Intermediaries: Housing Finance Background Report