How we help countries
In order to help countries put in place an efficient financial risk management strategy the IDB vision follows the next steps:
- Promotion of dialogue among countries, public international institutions and the private sector about specific topics related to fiscal risks stemming about natural disasters and contingent liability management.
- Support interventions to strengthen public institutions that are responsible for disaster risk financial management.
- Provision of tailor-made solutions based on countries specific needs and capabilities.
- Encouragement of private sector participation and deepening of the domestic risk markets, as well as their integration with regional and international markets
- Coordination with related initiatives implemented in Latin America and the Caribbean by other multilateral institutions and agencies.