About RED PLAC
Strengthening the pension institutions in the region
Social security systems in Latin America and the Caribbean face important challenges. Achieving universal coverage requires rethinking the pension systems in the region and establishing solid institutions that can promote and implement the necessary changes for an effective social security.
The IDB created Red PLAC in 2015 to support the efforts of Latin American and Caribbean countries in improving the institutional and technical capacity of pension institutions. In this way we seek to contribute to the strengthening of pension systems in the region, with a special focus on their sustainability, adequacy, equity, and efficiency.
Red PLAC finances different activities to allow pension institutions in Latin America and the Caribbean to learn the best practices of other countries, not just within the region but also throughout the rest of the world. This international cooperation includes courses, workshops, technical assistance provided by government officials, and international experts’ consultancies.
For further information, please download the brochure. You also can contact us via email: email@example.com
15 member countries are part of Red PLAC. Aditionally, this initiative has the support of the following institutions: the International Association of Pension Funds Supervision (AIOS), the Caribbean Association of Pension Supervisors (CAPS), the Inter-American Conference on Social Security (CISS) and the Ibero-American Social Security Organization (OISS).
Red PLAC's member countries:
- Argentina (Ministerio de Trabajo, Empleo y Seguridad Social)
- Brazil (Ministerio do Trabalho e Previdencia Social)
- Chile (Superintendencia de Pensiones)
- Colombia (Superintendencia Financiera de Colombia)
- Costa Rica (Superintendencia de Pensiones)
- Dominican Republic (Superintendencia de Pensiones)
- El Salvador (Superintendencia del Sistema Financiero)
- Haiti (Ministere de l'Economie et des Finances)
- Honduras (Comisión Nacional de Bancos y Seguros)
- Jamaica (Planning Institute of Jamaica and Financial Services Commission)
- Mexico (Comisión Nacional del Sistema de Ahorro para el Retiro)
- Panama (Sistema de Ahorro y Capitalización de Pensiones de los Servidores Públicos and Superintendencia del Mercado de Valores)
- Paraguay (Ministerio de Hacienda)
- Peru (Superintendencia de Banca Seguros y AFP)
- Uruguay (Banco Central de Uruguay)
During its two first years of operation, Red PLAC will make a call for proposals twice a year for its members. If the project has the financial resources needed, a fifth call for proposals might be made after the fourth round of technical assistances.
The first call for proposals was closed in May, 2016. The second one was completed in October 2016, while the third call was announced on April 18th 2017 and will close on May 13th. The next call will be launched in:
- October 2017
For further information, please download the following documents: