We help make regional and international trade and investment agreements a reality by providing technical support.
We provide training and capacity building for government officials on cross-border infrastructure and policy harmonization.
We promote creation of Regional Public Goods in a variety of strategic areas including migration and financial integration.
We finance transport, energy, telecom and other infrastructure investments to reduce cross-border costs and boost competitiveness.
We help carry out policy reforms, regulatory upgrades and institutional improvements to advance the process of economic integration.
In order to help member countries and the region as a whole become more competitive, we promote integration by:
- Working to reduce cross-border transaction costs, fostering economic development, creating jobs and contributing to poverty reduction;
- Financing the construction of physical infrastructure and aiding in the creation of regulatory frameworks in key sectors;
- Connecting transportation networks, supporting cost-reducing energy integration and bridging the digital divide to unite economies and build synergies;
- Bringing together public and private sector leaders for regional dialogues on economic policy and integration;
- Supporting countries in their efforts to negotiate regional trade, cooperation and investment agreements;
- Training government employees in areas that will facilitate cross-border cooperation and trade.