The Public Administration Transformation Cluster promotes the transformation of Public Administration structures and processes to improve the management capabilities of state agencies to face increasingly complex problems and demands of the citizenry. We facilitate the implementation of the government's priorities and its public policies in order to produce more effective, efficient, and inclusive services.
OUR LATEST BLOGS
- Brazil is making steady progress in the digital transformation of the public sector by Mariano Lafuente (Spanish only)
- Investing better is not investing more: The importance of good management by Lea Giménez y Edgardo Mosqueira
- The State in case: One year of remote work by Mauricio García Mejía y Mariano Lafuente (Spanish only)
- Digital Management of Civil Service and COVID-19: The case of South Korea by Edgardo Mosqueira y Seong Youn Kim (Spanish only)
- Does the State have the capacity to innovate? Chile says yes and wants to measure it by Yolanda Martínez y María José Jarquín (Spanish only)
- How to protect the quality of essential public services during the crisis by Mariano Lafuente (Spanish only)
- Strong institutions, the cornerstone of public policy by Lea Giménez (Spanish only)
- How can the State better deal with its demands? by Diego Arisi (Spanish only)
- From election promises to the control panel: Towards a new generation of Delivery Units by Mariano Lafuente (Spanish only)
From Control-oriented Management to Strategic Management
- The transformation and institutional strengthening of the Ministries of Finance in Latin America: From control to the strategic use of public resources for development (co-publication with ECLAC)
- Panorama of Public Administrations in Latin America and the Caribbean (joint publication with the OECD)
- Performance audit for better public management in Latin America and the Caribbean (Soanish only)
- Improving Lives Through Better Government: Promoting Effective, Efficient and Open Governments in Latin America and the Caribbean
The Transformation of the Government Center
- Panorama of Public Administrations in Latin America and the Caribbean – Chapter 4
- Do Delivery Units Delivery?: Assessing Government Innovations
- Coordinating to Deliver: Lessons Learned from the Colombian Government’s Delivery Unit
- Governing to Deliver: Reinventing the Center of Government in Latin America and the Caribbean
- The Role of the Center of Government: A Literature Review
Management of Public Employment and Salaries: Transforming Human Talent
- Transformación digital y empleo público: el futuro del trabajo del gobierno
- Bureaucratic accountability: Understanding the complexity of civil service productivity in Haiti (próximamente)
- Panorama of Public Administrations (2020) – Chapters 3 and 6 (2020)
- Institutional Diagnosis of Civil Service: Dominican Republic (2020) (Spanish only)
- Building State Capacity in the Caribbean: A Baseline Report of the Civil Service
- Institutional diagnosis of civil service in Latin America: Paraguay (2017)
- How to design and implement a professionalized executive segment (2017) (Spanish only)
- Mission Impossible? How to Achieve Better Results in Health and Education Through Better Management of Human Resources – Chapter 2 (2016)
- Merit-based Selection of Public Managers: Better Public Sector Performance?: An Exploratory Study (2016)
- Serving Citizens: A Decade of Civil Service Reforms in Latin America (2004-13)
- Civil Service Development Index
Strategic Governance of Infrastructure and Public Assets
- Webinar on the Digital Management of Public Assets: An Innovative Approach from Korea
- "The Unexplored Wealth of Nations: Towards Modern Management of Public Assets" (coming soon)
Risk Management in Public Administration
- Models and Instruments for the Legal Defense of the State (2020) (Spanish only)
- Is the Defense of the State Effective? (2014)
- Risk Management Methodology in Infrastructure Projects (coming soon)
SOME OF OUR PROJECTS
From Control-oriented Management to Strategic Management: Financial Administration Modernization Program (Ecuador, 2019). This program seeks to strengthen the capacity of the Government of Ecuador to assign, manage, and monitor the use of public resources efficiently and safely. In particular, this program supports the institutional modernization of the Ministry of Economy and Finance, strengthening areas such as fiscal risk management and the quality of spending.
Transformation of the Government Center: Innovation program to respond to crisis situations and management of strategic priorities (Argentina, 2020). This program seeks to improve the effectiveness in the coordination and management of Strategic Governmental Programs in Argentina, prioritizing the aspects necessary to respond to and recover from the crisis generated by the COVID-19 pandemic. To achieve this, the improvement of the quality of planning, monitoring, decision making, and evaluation for the fulfillment of strategic governmental programs will be supported, and the capabilities for innovation and promotion of innovative practices in public management, the private sector, and civil society will be strengthened.
Management of Public Employment and Salaries: Program to Improve the Efficiency of Civil Service (Dominican Republic, 2021). The program seeks to improve the efficiency and development of human resource management in civil service in order to attract and retain human talent that will contribute to consolidating a more effective, efficient, and transparent public administration. To achieve this, it hopes to strengthen the strategic management of human resources, optimize the infrastructure and technological solutions of the governing body, and strengthen the capabilities of civil service to adapt to digital transformation.
Strategic Governance of Infrastructure and Public Assets: Program to Strengthen the Management Capacity of the Province of Buenos Aires (Argentina, 2017). The program seeks to contribute to improving the efficiency of the administrative and technical management of public investment processes in order to reduce the loss of social benefits caused by the delay in the implementation of projects in relation to roads, access to water, and educational infrastructure.
Risk Management in Public Administration: Program for the Improvement of Government Control Services for an Effective, Preventive, and Enabling Control of Public Management (Peru, 2018). The program seeks to improve government control services through the modernization of the management of the Comptroller General of the Republic of Peru. To achieve this, it is expected to improve the management model and the organizational and human resource structure, expand capabilities in relation to interoperability and the use of technological tools, strengthen capabilities in simultaneous audit, performance audit, and fraud and corruption risk management in audit and control, and improve infrastructure for control services.