What is the JK Visionaries Award?
The JK VISIONARIES award is the highest honor bestowed by the Inter-American Development Bank to recognize extraordinary organizations that are working in innovative and effective ways to improve lives in Latin America and the Caribbean.
JK VISIONARIES pays tribute to Juscelino Kubitschek, former president of Brazil and the founder of Brasilia. He was a leading visionary in the history of Latin America and the Caribbean who played a fundamental role in establishing the Bank.
The winning organization will receive US$100,000 in recognition of its work and to encourage its initiative and ongoing efforts to change the lives of the region’s people for the better. A second prize of US$50,000 and third and fourth prizes of US$25,000 each will also be awarded.
The award does not represent an obligation for the recipient to continue to implement the game-changing project that was presented.
The winners will join the Circle of JK Visionaries, gaining access to the Bank’s full set of tools for collaboration and strengthening.
Non-governmental organizations from member countries of the Bank that are leaders in improving lives, strengthening citizen participation, fostering equitable societies. and promoting social inclusion, with over five years on game-changing projects with proven results.
The criteria to select the candidates are:
- INNOVATION We are seeking organizations that are actively working to solve people's problems with new tools, methods, or techniques, providing value added, and taking a creative approach.
- RELEVANCE The objective of the organization should be relevant to the development reality of Latin America and the Caribbean and should be aligned with the Bank's mission of improving lives.
- SUSTAINABILITY. Both the organization and its projects should be sustainable over time and should attend the needs of the present with a view to changing and improving lives in the future.
- REPLICABILITY We are seeking initiatives that have the potential to be replicated in other countries in the region to improve lives throughout Latin America and the Caribbean.
In order to compete, organizations should include complete an application form and include a link to a video lasting no more than two minutes that answers the following questions:
a. What challenge is your organization solving?
b. Why should it be selected over other organizations?
- If you meet the criteria to enter the competition, please register in You Noodle. To create a profile enter this link Download rules
- In order to compete, organizations should complete the registration form and include a link to a video
- Submissions will be accepted until May 29, 2020
The JK award helps fund the winner' future programs and furthers their presence in the international arena. The award recognizes the outstanding contribution of winner institutions and organizations, bringing them prestige and credibility.
Candidates for the Juscelino Kubitschek Award may be nominated by either an individual or another organization such as an academic or research institution, a cultural center, or any other institution in related field. Nominations cannot be submitted by multilateral organizations, Inter-American Development Bank staff (and individuals contractually linked to the IDB), or their family members.
- All nominations must be submitted electronically using the on-line form and must adhere to the terms and conditions for the award.
- In the event there is more than one winner per category, the monetary prize will be divided equally among the winners.