Economics Principal Specialist
Pablo Alonso joined the Office of Evaluation and Oversight in 2011. Prior to joining OVE, Pablo spent twenty-seven years working in public sector management issues at the Inter-American Development Bank, the World Bank and his native Spain, where he worked on fiscal decentralization for five years. He also taught public administration at American University for 5 years.
Pablo has a Ph.D. in Public Administration from American University, an M.A. in International Economics from Johns Hopkins University (SAIS), an M.A. in Political Science from Kansas University, a Juris Doctor and a B.A. in Economics from ICADE and a Diploma in Fiscal Decentralization from Harvard University.
Pablo was a member of the Editorial Board of Public Administration Review (PAR) for three years, and referees for other professional journals including The American Review of Public Administration (ARPA), Public Management Review (PMR), International Review of Administrative Sciences, and the International Journal of Manpower (IJM).
He has been a member of The American Political Science Honor Society since 1989 and of The American Public Affairs and Administration Honor Society since 1999. He was also a Fulbright scholar.
Some of Pablo's publications at OVE include:
- Executive Summary: Evaluation of the Bank's Support for Gender and Diversity
- IDB’s Ninth General Capital Increase: Implementation and Results
- Evaluation of the Bank's Support for Gender and Diversity
- Executive Summary: IDB’s Ninth General Capital Increase: Implementation and Results
- Country Program Evaluation: Bahamas 2010-2017