Economics Lead Specialist
Jonathan joined the Office of Evaluation and Oversight in 2013. Prior to OVE he was an economist at the U.S. Department of the Treasury for over eight years where he focused on development policy at the MDBs and in the G-8 and G-20. While at Treasury he was detailed for two years to the IDB as a Counselor to the U.S. Executive Director. In that capacity he helped to negotiate the Ninth General Capital Increase of the Bank. Prior to Treasury, Jonathan gained several years of experience in evaluation at the U.S. Government Accountability Office working in the International Affairs and Trade Team.
Jonathan earned a Ph.D. in economics from the University of Iowa and a B.A. in economics from Grinnell College in Iowa. He was born and raised in the South Suburbs of Chicago and spent one year living in Long Island, New York and another year in Northern Patagonia, Argentina.
Some of Jonathan's publications at OVE include:
- IDB and IIC Project Performance: OVE’s Review of 2016 Project Completion Reports and Expanded Supervision Reports
- Country Program Evaluation Guyana 2012-2016
- Country Program Evaluation: Argentina (2009-2015)
- Review of the Bank's Support to Agriculture, 2002-2014: Evidence from Key Thematic Areas
- Food Security in LAC: Evaluation of the Focus of the IDB's Agriculture Portfolio: Annex 1