MICI opens a new communications consultant position
MICI is seeking a professional with a background in Communications to support the implementation of its communication, learning, and outreach strategy. Candidates must apply by October 16th.
What you’ll do:
- Support MICI’s Communication Strategy, under the supervision of the Communication Specialist. The activities will include but are not limited to:
- Create new dissemination materials (videos, brochures, multimedia products, among others) to communicate MICI’s work and activities targeting different audiences.
- Update the content of MICI’s Website and Public Registry regularly, ensuring the consistency and timeliness of the information presented, in four languages.
- Coordinate external providers (such as translators and designers) to produce MICI’s Annual Report and other flagship publications.
- Implement MICI’s new Digital Strategy, curating transmedia content to increase the Mechanism’s impact through multiple platforms and social networks.
- Support the production of presentation and training materials.
- Collaborate on other tasks with the communication team and other colleagues as needed.
- Support the knowledge program “MICI Reflections” and MICI’s strategic engagement activities, under the supervision of the MICI Director. These activities include:
- Coordinate the production of MICI Reflections’ publications through coordinating different authors, peer reviewers, editor, and external providers throughout the whole publications’ life cycle: from their concept note to their writing, editing, design, and promotion.
- Plan and organize, jointly with relevant team members, events and workshops focused on promoting access and disseminating MICI’s mandate with internal and external audiences. Generate supporting materials for these activities as needed.
- Regularly update MICI’s contacts database, segmenting audiences to deliver more targeted content. On occasions, the MICI Director may request support to other areas of the MICI as needed.
What you’ll need:
- Citizenship: You are a citizen of one of our 48-member countries. We may offer assistance with relocation and visa applications for you and your eligible dependents.
- Consanguinity: You have no family members (up to fourth degree of consanguinity and second degree of affinity, including spouse) working at the IDB Group.
- Education: A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Corporate communications, Social media management or a related field.
- Experience: You have at least four years of relevant, professional experience in communications and stakeholder engagement.
- Languages: You have excellent command of both English and Spanish. Knowledge of Portuguese or French preferred.
Core and Technical Competencies:
The candidate should be able to
- Able to handle a wide range of tasks and work under limited supervision.
- Have strong communications and writing skills.
- Have a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office: word, excel and power point, social media tools, as well as other relevant software. Experience with data analysis, design, and video-creation software is a plus. • Communicate effectively and respond to requests promptly and resourcefully to deliver high quality service.
- Be flexible and able to understand internal and external audiences’ perspectives and needs.
- Value the importance of providing excellent service; produce quality products; respond promptly to office needs and take initiative with a clear business purpose in mind.
- Understand and apply Bank guidelines and policies related to information disclosure and use the utmost discretion and confidentiality when handling sensitive matters and information; use data, experience, and good judgment to make sound decisions and devise effective solutions to problems.
The MICI staff and consultants are bound by the IDB Code of Ethics and other provisions that may require the safeguarding of information and preserving confidentiality.
- Type of contract: Consultant Modality (CNS).
- Length of contract: 19 months.
- Location: Inter-American Development Bank Headquarters, Washington DC.
- Responsible person: MICI Director.
- Requirements: You must be a citizen of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the IDB Group.