Harnessing public and private resources to deliver inclusive, sustainable infrastructure worldwide
Increasing access to, and enhancing the quality of, basic infrastructure services remains a critical challenge, especially in developing countries. Join us on April 22nd when top officials from the Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs), the United Nations, the G-20 and the international development community meet to discuss opportunities to harness public and private resources to improve infrastructure worldwide, and to ensure that investments are environmentally, social and economically sustainable.
- Amina Mohammed, Deputy Secretary General, United Nations (UN)
- Wolfgang Schäuble, Finance Minister of Germany, representing the G-20
Heads of the multilateral development banks:
- Takehiko Nakao, President, Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Akinwumi Adesina, President, African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Jin Liqun, President, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
- Suma Chakrabarti, President, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- Werner Hoyer, President, European Investment Bank (EIB)
- Luis Alberto Moreno, President, Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
- Philippe Le Houérou, CEO, International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Mansur Muhtar, Vice President, Islamic Development Bank (IsDB)
- Xian Zhu, Vice President and Chief Operations Officer, New Development Bank (NDB)
- Jim Yong Kim, President, World Bank Group (WBG)
The opening, closing and lunchtime plenary sessions will be transmitted via livestream in English, Spanish, Portuguese and French through links that will be announced on the event webpage.Follow the conversation on Twitter with #InvestInInfra.
Note: The plenary sessions will be livestreamed in English, Spanish, Portuguese and French through links on the event website: https://pppknowledgelab.org/2017giforum
This event is hosted by the multilateral development banks and requires a separate registration from the World Bank Group and International Monetary Fund Spring Meetings.Media registration: To attend in person, media need to register using the following link: http://www.iadb.org/GIF2017/MediaRegistration
Date and time: Saturday, April 22 10 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. ET (Opening Plenary 10 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. followed by breakout sessions). Registration begins at 9 a.m.
Location:Inter-American Development Bank, 1330 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20577
**Note: Due to limited space in the media balcony, photographers and videographers should arrive before 9 a.m.
The Inter-American Development Bank is devoted to improving lives. Established in 1959, the IDB is a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean.The IDB also conducts cutting-edge research and provides policy advice, technical assistance and training to public and private sector clients throughout the region.