“Demand Solutions – Ideas for Improving Quality of Life” will harness some of the world’s most creative minds to share innovative solutions addressing development issues.
The Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) opens registration for Demand Solutions, a one-day event on December 2nd at the IDB’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. The event kicks off at 9:00 a.m., and will feature speaker presentations and networking opportunities with innovators who are addressing pressing development challenges around the world.
Demand Solutions connects some of the most creative minds, entrepreneurs, and innovators from across the globe with development specialists, government officials, private sector representatives, members of academia and students. The goal of the event is to foster knowledge sharing and collaboration so that attendees can work together to find new solutions for development issues.
The event features a lineup of influential presenters, including:
- Richard C. Blum, Chairman, Blum Capital Partners & Founder and Trustee, Blum Center for Developing Economies
- Reina Cabezas, Chief Learning Officer at Sleek Geek and Engineering Teacher
- Susan Fonseca, Founder and CEO of Women@TheFrontier and Founding Member, Singularity University
- Gabriela Frias, Business Anchor for CNN en Español
- Tallis Gomes, CEO and Founder of Easy Taxi
- Gabriella Gómez Mont, Chief Creativity Officer – Mexico City
- Mark Gates, Highway Safety Business Director, 3M
- Eric Gordon, Director, Engagement Lab and Associate Professor, Emerson College
- Germano Guimarães, Director and Co-founder of the Instituto Tellus
- William Hoyle, Chief Executive, Techfortrade
- Torsten Kolind, Co-Founder and CEO of YouNoodle
- Pablo Larguia, Founder and CEO, Red Innova
- Pedro Moneo, Founder and CEO at Opinno and Publisher of MIT Technology Review en Español
- Luis Alberto Moreno, President, Inter-American Development Bank
- Silvina Moschini, Founder and CEO of Yandiki, creative talent in the cloud
- Juan Nicolás Pinzón Guevara, Founder of Alloo, Clog, Medical Store and Petroservices
- Ilana Sod, Journalist, producer, and television personality
- Bedy Yang, Venture Partner at 500 Startups
Blum Center for Developing Economies is a key partner for the event. The event closes with Venture Night, where 16 ground-breaking startups led by young disruptive innovators from Latin America will pitch their ventures and receive expert feedback and support from an expert panel.
To register for Demand Solutions – Ideas for Improving Quality of Life, see the complete program and more information, please visit: Register Now!
Participants are invited to attend the event or follow via live stream. For either option, registration is required.
Follow us: Join the conversation! #demandsolutions
- Anamaria Nuñez