- Connect with 1,000 companies, investors, entrepreneurs, and international experts.
- II BASE International Forum for the Development of the Markets at the Base of the Pyramid to be held in Colombia, June 6-7.
The Inter-American Development Bank is holding its second international conference on business at the base of the pyramid on June 6 and 7 in Medellín, Colombia. Register now here or visit www.forobase2013.com to find special discounts and hotel and air flight rates for participants.
The II BASE Forum will bring together 1,000 leading experts, business executives, development professionals, entrepreneurs, government officials, impact investors, and others who are involved in the exciting work of creating innovative business models by connecting private sector resources and ingenuity with the untapped potential at the base of the socioeconomic pyramid.
Don't miss this opportunity to learn about new business opportunities and network with investors and industry experts. Participants include:
- Iqbal Quadir, founder and director of the Legatum Center for Development and Entrepreneurship at MIT. In the 1990s, Quadir founded Grameenphone, which provides effective telephone access throughout Bangladesh.
- Stuart L. Hart, professor, co-creator of the BOP concept and Samuel C. Johnson Chair in Sustainable Global Enterprise at Cornell University.
- Deepa Prahalad, author, business strategist and consultant specializing in opportunities at the intersection of consumer experience, technology and strategy.
Key topics that will be covered during the event include:
- Successful business models in affordable housing, health, education and broadband
- Recent developments in regulatory frameworks, financing and risk analysis
- Using public-private partnerships to gain scale
- Colombia: Country of Pioneering Companies serving theBase of the Pyramid
Besides the plenaries and keynote presentations, the Forum will include 12 concurrent sessions each day that will deepen the discussion aboutthe challenges and opportunities at the base of the pyramid. Over 90 panelists include executives from Telefónica, Pepsico, VISA, Cisco, Coca-Cola, CEMEX, SAB Miller, Citi Microfinance, Empresas Públicas de Medellín, Caixa Economica Federal and Natura.
The registration fee is $250.
Follow @majoritymarkets to learn more about BOP news in Latin America and our event #baseforum2013