The Gender and Diversity Division has the mission to promote gender equality, the development with identity of indigenous peoples, and the inclusion of people with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and the LGTBQ + population, while harnessing the talent and capacities that reside in these population groups to promote the socio-economic development of the countries in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Division fulfills its mission through direct and indirect investments, technical assistance, analytical work, and training.
We focus our work on three strategic lines of action:
- Support the integration of proactive actions to address gender and diversity issues in lending operations across the Bank’s sectors
- Develop new initiatives with innovative approaches for advancing gender equality and diversity
- Generate data and evidence on what works to support future policies and operations
STRATEGIC FRAMEWORK OF OUR WORK
Document that guides the IDB Group’s work on policies to promote gender and diversity (G&D) equity in the region by addressing structural inequities, unequal treatment and weak institutional capacity to design and implement G&D policies. The population groups covered in this strategic document –women, indigenous peoples, Afro-descendants, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ individuals– jointly comprise at least two-thirds of the region’s population. Read the document here.
Detailed guide to reinforce the implementation of the Operational Policy on Gender Equality, as well as providing support for gender and diversity mainstreaming throughout the Bank’s actions to expand and improve the quality of its interventions. In 2022, the Gender Action Plan and the Diversity Action Plan have been integrated into a single document: The Gender and Diversity Action Plan (GDAP).
For more information you can read:
- Gender And Diversity Action Plan 2022-2025
- Gender Action Plan 2020-2021 as well as its implementation report.
- Diversity Action Plan 2019-2021, as well as its implementation report.
- Gender Action Plan 2017-2019 and its annual progress report 2017 and 2018, as well as its implementation report.
- Gender Action Plan 2014-2016 and its implementation report.