The Inter-American Development Bank Group (IDB Group) manages various social media channels in the organization’s four official languages: Spanish, English, Portuguese, and French. Through these platforms, we seek to promote constructive and inclusive dialogue related to the Group’s mission of fostering development in the region. Our aim is to build a community in which to share, engage, inform, and foster knowledge relevant to our mission of improving lives.
We do our best to build meaningful interactions with our audiences on the topics that drive our work and your interest, and seek to respond to your questions, suggestions, and requests for information concerning the wide range of knowledge produced by the IDB Group.
If you post to one of our social media channels or interact with our posts, whether as response or comment, you are agreeing to abide by these Community Guidelines. These apply in addition to the Terms and Conditions or other legal notices that are provided by us and/or the owner of the social media platform. Comments and responses to our posts are the responsibility of the individual posting it.
We welcome you as guests to join the IDB Group’s community on each platform and seek to be attentive hosts. We moderate social media to preserve a respectful and inclusive environment in accordance with our values. We endeavor to maintain spaces that foster participation, enrich dialogue, and respond to queries.
These standards are based on our Core Institutional Values of integrity, loyalty, equity, inclusion, impartiality, and discretion. Our values are essential to building trust with those who interact with the Group and achieving the mission to promote social and economic development in Latin America and the Caribbean.
We ask that all users follow the following Community Guidelines:
- Be respectful to all those with whom you interact within our social media communities.
- Share your comments and ideas thoughtfully, with the consideration you would expect to be afforded.
- Refrain from inappropriate, off-topic, abusive, harassing, or profane comments.
- Do not post information that would be considered spam or use our platforms to promote/solicit visits to third-party sites, initiatives or products. Refrain from soliciting business or requesting donations. Please use the Contact Us portion of our Corporate website for those topics.
- We reserve the right to reject or remove comments that are not in keeping with our policy, values, and principles; and to block or ban users/followers who do not follow these guidelines.
- The guidelines apply to all IDB Group social media channels in all languages available.
Visit our IDB social media networks:
- Facebook in English , Portuguese and Spanish
- Twitter in English , Portuguese and Spanish
- YouTube in English and Spanish
Visit IDB Lab:
Visit IDB Invest: