The Update to the Institutional Strategy 2016-2019 (UIS) approved by the Governors in March 2015, provides strategic direction to the IDB Group over the next four years.
The UIS identifies three main development challenges:
- Social exclusion and inequality
- Low productivity and innovation
- Lack of regional economic integration
The UIS also identifies three cross-cutting issues that need to be considered when addressing each of the three development challenges:
- Gender equality and diversity
- Climate change and environmental sustainability
- Institutional capacity and the rule of law
Other useful documents include the Summary of the Update to the Institutional Strategy 2016-2019, the Action Plan for the Implementation of the UIS, and the Corporate Results Framework 2016-2019.
The IDB, together with each of its borrowing member countries, also prepares Country Strategies.
Sector Strategies are prepared by the technical departments of the Bank and approved by the Board of Executive Directors.