The second update to the Institutional Strategy approved by the Governors in July 2019, provides strategic direction to the IDB Group.
The second update ratifies the three strategic priorities of the IDB Group’s work in Latin America and the Caribbean:
- Social inclusion and equality
- Productivity and innovation
- Regional economic integration
The second update also confirms that to address each of the three strategic priorities in IDB Group projects, three cross-cutting issues need to be considered:
- Gender equality, inclusion and diversity
- Climate change and environmental sustainability
- Institutional capacity and the rule of law
The second update also states that, in order to accelerate progress in the three strategic priorities, the IDB Group must strengthen its work on:
- Resource mobilization
- Technology and innovation
- The three cross-cutting issues
Monitoring of the Institutional Strategy is carried out through the Corporate Results Framework (CRF).
To articulate the work of the IDB Group in each of its borrowing member countries, the Group prepares joint Country Strategies. To ground specific areas of work based on the priorities of the Institutional Strategy, IDB Group specialists prepare Sector Strategies that are approved by the Executive Board.