In September 2016 the Governors approved a proposal to transfer the net assets of the former Fund for Special Operations (FSO) to the Ordinary Capital (OC) and to create a concessional lending instrument in the form of a blended loan where both legs of the blended operation would be financed from the OC. The proposal became effective on January 1, 2017.
The countries with access to concessional financing are Bolivia, Guyana, Honduras and Nicaragua. Haiti is eligible to access funds from the IDB Grant Facility.
- Questions and Answers Regarding IDB Board of Governors Transfer of the Net Assets of the Fund for Special Operations to the Ordinary Capital
- Proposal for the Allocation of Concessional Resources 2017-2018
- Review of the Implementation of the Debt Sustainability Framework and Enhanced Performance-Based Allocation 2015-2016
- Fund for Special Operations. Proposal for the Allocation of Resources 2015-2016
- Fund for Special Operations. Proposal for the Allocation of Resources 2013–2014
- Grant Leverage Mechanism: A Proposal
- Review of the Implementation of the Debt Sustainability Framework and Enhanced Performance-Based Allocation 2013-2014
For more information, please visit Concessional Financing.