BID-FEMSA Water and Sanitation Award
Since 2009, the Inter-American Development Bank and FEMSA Foundation award the Water and Sanitation Prize for Latin America and the Caribbean with the goal of recognizing innovative solutions in the water and sanitation sector.
The Award aims to recognize innovative solutions to specific water, sanitation and hygiene problems with measurable progress and results that help improve service quality and availability.
The Eight Edition of the BID-FEMSA Water Award will be held during the Nov. 15-16 Demand Solutions Buenos Aires event. The award presentation ceremony will take place during Venture Night (Nov. 16), where three of the pre-selected solutions on water, sanitation and hygiene issues will receive the BID-FEMSA Water Award.
BID-FEMSA 2016 WATER AWARDS OPEN CALL KEY POINTS
Our Goal: To recognize innovative initiatives, projects and solutions within the water, sanitation and hygiene sector in Latin America and the Caribbean.
About the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) category: Innovative solutions must aim but not be limited to improving water quality, sanitation and hygiene (access, practices, technologies, data collection, behavioral change, etc.).
Some of the initiatives we will be seeking to reward include:
- Water and/or sanitation modernization (technologies, systems, implementations, programs, metering, etc.)
- Solutions to prevent water infectious diseases (cholera, malaria, dengue, trachoma, schistosomiasis, intestinal parasites, dracunculiasis [Guinea worm disease], neglected tropical diseases, chikungunya, zika, etc.)
- Water and/or sanitation data implementations and programs
- Innovative hygiene systems (household water treatment, hand-washing habits, water reuse and recycling, etc.)
- Water quality improvement (techniques, implementations, systems, platforms, programs, etc.)
- Water, sanitation or hygiene monitoring and metering systems
- Mobile solutions and applications for water and hygiene
Initiatives must comply with Demand Solutions Buenos Aires rules and be submitted via an online form. The application period runs from June 1 to July 5, 2016, 11:59 PM EST. Applications submitted outside of this time frame will not be accepted.
Those interested in competing for the BID-FEMSA Water Award can present innovative solutions by persons and organizations from both the public and private sectors that are already under implementation and can show proven results.
If you have any questions on the BID-FEMSA Water Award eligibility criteria, write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
A panel of experts will evaluate and select up to six initiatives to participate in the Venture Night of Demand Solutions Buenos Aires. One representative from each selected initiative will take part in an intensive day and half program organized to support their growth and give participants a chance to meet with high level mentors. BID-FEMSA Water Award organizers will pay all travel and accommodation expenses for one representative from each pre-selected startup.
In order to help define the additional BID-FEMSA Water Award winners, Prize candidates must make a brief pitch during Venture Night, describing their innovative solutions to the jury and to the audience in under two minutes. Prior training will be provided.
During Venture Night the attending jury will select the three best startups in the WASH category and award the BID-FEMSA Water Prize in each group. The Award aims to support these initiatives/solutions growth and foster their innovation potential.
- Application Period: June 1 – July 5, 2016
- Evaluation Period: July-August 2016
- Selected Initiatives Announcement: Early August, 2016
- Demand Solutions Argentina: Nov. 15-16, 2016
- BID-FEMSA Award Winners Announcement: Nov. 16, 2016