Water and Sanitation Initiative
At the Inter-American Development Bank we are convinced that countries in Latin America and the Caribbean can close the coverage gap in water and sanitation services in the near future.
To reach that goal, the Water and Sanitation Initiative offers a new set of tools and flexible financing. Launched in 2007, the initiative has developed strategic guidelines, specific targets and special financial products to support solutions tailored to each country’s needs.
Between 2007 and 2011 the initiative has emphasized four programs: 100 Cities Program, Water for 3,000 Rural Communities, Water Defenders and Efficient and Transparent Utilities. Watch the video (only available in spanish).
- Bolivia. Multip irrigation/drinking water Proj for the Mun of Batallas,Pucaracani,El Alto.
- Brazil. Enviromental Sanitation Program for Federal District-Brasilia Sustentável II.
- Brazil. PROCIDADES - Londrina.
- Brazil. ABES BID Technical Cooperation for Regulation of Water and Sanitation Sector. Dec 17, 2013
- Mexico. Water and Energy Efficiency Program for Low-income Residents. Dec 12, 2013
- Peru. Support for the Program of Expansion and Improvement of Rural Habitat. Dec 12, 2013
In the Colombian town of Apartadó, women are shaping a new beginning after years of violence. Mar 3, 2014
The IDB, MIT, ANCON and IIDKY will support Guna communities in the improvement of solid waste management in one of Panama’s tourist hotspots. Jan 18, 2014
IDB hosts premiere of documentary Everlasting Water? The Battle to Secure Haiti’s Most Essential Resource. Jan 10, 2014
Spanish Fund for Water
The IDB and the Government of Spain have established a partnership to mobilize at least $500 million in grants for projects to expand water and sanitation services to low-income people in the region.
- Water Everlasting? (1:48)
- How Can You Print a Building? (22:52)
- How Can We Give People Clean Water? (37:00)
- Tackling "Big Foot" (00:06:49)
- Discover AquaRating (01:51)