Water and Sanitation Initiative
At the Inter-American Development Bank we are convinced that countries in Latin America and the Caribbean can close the coverage gap in water and sanitation services in the near future.
To reach that goal, the Water and Sanitation Initiative offers a new set of tools and flexible financing. Launched in 2007, the initiative has developed strategic guidelines, specific targets and special financial products to support solutions tailored to each country’s needs.
Between 2007 and 2011 the initiative has emphasized four programs: 100 Cities Program, Water for 3,000 Rural Communities, Water Defenders and Efficient and Transparent Utilities. Watch the video (only available in spanish).
- Bolivia. Multip irrigation/drinking water Proj for the Mun of Batallas,Pucaracani,El Alto.
- Brazil. Enviromental Sanitation Program for Federal District-Brasilia Sustentável II.
- Ecuador. Strenghtening of EPMAPS.
- Paraguay. Integrated Sanitation Program of Asuncion. Dec 15, 2014
- Jamaica. Adaptation Program and Financing Mechanism for the PPCR Jamaica. Dec 11, 2014
- Bolivia. Support for the Preparation of the Program of Reforms of Water, Sanitation and. Dec 9, 2014
Brazil will improve drainage and sanitation services in the municipality of Joinville with help from the IDB
Brazil will improve the quality of life in the municipality of Joinville by improving drainage and sanitation systems with the IDB. Dec 22, 2014
Nicaragua to improve water and sanitation services with help from Spain’s Government, the EU and the IDB
Nicaragua to improve Bilwi City health conditions by expanding and improving drinking water and sanitation service. Dec 17, 2014
IDB supports program to enhance environmental and sanitary conditions in the Bay of Asunción, Paraguay and the Metropolitan Area. Dec 16, 2014
Spanish Fund for Water
The IDB and the Government of Spain have established a partnership to mobilize at least $500 million in grants for projects to expand water and sanitation services to low-income people in the region.
- Lord Norman Foster (03:00)
- Water Everlasting? (1:48)
- How Can You Print a Building? (22:52)
- How Can We Give People Clean Water? (37:00)
- Tackling "Big Foot" (00:06:49)