Water and Sanitation Initiative
At the Inter-American Development Bank we are convinced that countries in Latin America and the Caribbean can close the coverage gap in water and sanitation services in the near future.
To reach that goal, the Water and Sanitation Initiative offers a new set of tools and flexible financing. Launched in 2007, the initiative has developed strategic guidelines, specific targets and special financial products to support solutions tailored to each country’s needs.
Between 2007 and 2011 the initiative has emphasized four programs: 100 Cities Program, Water for 3,000 Rural Communities, Water Defenders and Efficient and Transparent Utilities. Watch the video (only available in spanish).
- Brazil. Enviromental Sanitation Program for Federal District-Brasilia Sustentável II.
- Regional. Development of Remote Sensing Data Sets and High-Resolution Modeling for Water S.
- Bolivia. Multip Irrig & potable water Proj for the Mun of Batallas,Pucaracani,El Alto.
- Mexico. Strengthening of Water Utilities. Nov 23, 2015
- Brazil. Support for the preparation of Project Macro drainage, protection of valleys. Oct 30, 2015
- Regional. Development of Case Studies of the Water-Energy-Food Nexus in Latin America. Oct 22, 2015
IDB has approved a BRL320 million corporate loan to finance investments in the Brazilian water and sanitation sector by Aegea Saneamento. Nov 3, 2015
Paraguay will expand access to financing by Water and Sanitation Councils and families at the base of the pyramid
A $10 million IDB loan in Paraguay will benefit up to 10,000 base of the pyramid homeowners in small cities and suburban areas. Sep 22, 2015
International Experts to Discuss Future of Water in Latin America and the Caribbean. Aug 25, 2015
Spanish Fund for Water
The IDB and the Government of Spain have established a partnership to mobilize at least $500 million in grants for projects to expand water and sanitation services to low-income people in the region.
- Lord Norman Foster (03:00)
- Water Everlasting? (1:48)
- How Can You Print a Building? (22:52)
- How Can We Give People Clean Water? (37:00)
- Tackling "Big Foot" (00:06:49)