Water and Sanitation Initiative
At the Inter-American Development Bank we are convinced that countries in Latin America and the Caribbean can close the coverage gap in water and sanitation services in the near future.
To reach that goal, the Water and Sanitation Initiative offers a new set of tools and flexible financing. Launched in 2007, the initiative has developed strategic guidelines, specific targets and special financial products to support solutions tailored to each country’s needs.
Between 2007 and 2011 the initiative has emphasized four programs: 100 Cities Program, Water for 3,000 Rural Communities, Water Defenders and Efficient and Transparent Utilities. Watch the video (only available in spanish).
- Brazil. Enviromental Sanitation Program for Federal District-Brasilia Sustentável II.
- Bolivia. Multip irrigation/drinking water Proj for the Mun of Batallas,Pucaracani,El Alto.
- Bolivia. Support to the preparation of the Sanitation Program for the Titicaca Lake.
- Haiti. Support the preparation of third investment program in drinking water and sanit. Sep 25, 2015
- Regional. Water and Sanitation as a Human Right: practical application in LAC, dissemina. Sep 21, 2015
- Colombia. Support to regulation studies of reservoirs to mitigate effects caused by clima. Sep 9, 2015
Paraguay will expand access to financing by Water and Sanitation Councils and families at the base of the pyramid
A $10 million IDB loan in Paraguay will benefit up to 10,000 base of the pyramid homeowners in small cities and suburban areas. Sep 22, 2015
International Experts to Discuss Future of Water in Latin America and the Caribbean. Aug 25, 2015
International experts to discuss potential future scenarios for water, energy, agriculture, and mining in Latin America
LAC 2025: The water-energy-food-mining nexus will be held on July 6th at the IDB Headquarters in Washington, DC. Jun 30, 2015
Spanish Fund for Water
The IDB and the Government of Spain have established a partnership to mobilize at least $500 million in grants for projects to expand water and sanitation services to low-income people in the region.
- Lord Norman Foster (03:00)
- Water Everlasting? (1:48)
- How Can You Print a Building? (22:52)
- How Can We Give People Clean Water? (37:00)
- Tackling "Big Foot" (00:06:49)