Water and Sanitation Initiative
At the Inter-American Development Bank we are convinced that countries in Latin America and the Caribbean can close the coverage gap in water and sanitation services in the near future.
To reach that goal, the Water and Sanitation Initiative offers a new set of tools and flexible financing. Launched in 2007, the initiative has developed strategic guidelines, specific targets and special financial products to support solutions tailored to each country’s needs.
Between 2007 and 2011 the initiative has emphasized four programs: 100 Cities Program, Water for 3,000 Rural Communities, Water Defenders and Efficient and Transparent Utilities. Watch the video (only available in spanish).
- Brazil. Enviromental Sanitation Program for Federal District-Brasilia Sustentável II.
- Bolivia. Support for the preparation of the WS and WR Reform Program Phase II.
- Jamaica. Adaptation Program and Financing Mechanism for the PPCR Jamaica.
- Brazil. Londrina Sustainable Urban Development Program - PROCIDADES - LONDRINA. Oct 31, 2014
- Regional. Support to the Implementation of the WOP-LAC Work Program. Oct 30, 2014
- Brazil. Sanitation for Nova Estrada Watershed - PROMABEN II. Oct 22, 2014
IDB hosts documentary "Water Everlasting?" The battle to secure Haiti’s most essential resource” in Miami on October 30. Oct 14, 2014
IDB and European Union commit funds for programs to improve electricity, water, sanitation services in Guyana
IDB and European Union committed to support the efforts of the Government of Guyana to improve electricity, water and sanitation services. Oct 11, 2014
IDB supports program that will expand sanitation coverage and improving drinking water quality in Uruguay. Jul 23, 2014
Spanish Fund for Water
The IDB and the Government of Spain have established a partnership to mobilize at least $500 million in grants for projects to expand water and sanitation services to low-income people in the region.
- Lord Norman Foster (03:00)
- Water Everlasting? (1:48)
- How Can You Print a Building? (22:52)
- How Can We Give People Clean Water? (37:00)
- Tackling "Big Foot" (00:06:49)