Water and Sanitation Initiative
At the Inter-American Development Bank we are convinced that countries in Latin America and the Caribbean can close the coverage gap in water and sanitation services in the near future.
To reach that goal, the Water and Sanitation Initiative offers a new set of tools and flexible financing. Launched in 2007, the initiative has developed strategic guidelines, specific targets and special financial products to support solutions tailored to each country’s needs.
Between 2007 and 2011 the initiative has emphasized four programs: 100 Cities Program, Water for 3,000 Rural Communities, Water Defenders and Efficient and Transparent Utilities. Watch the video (only available in spanish).
- Brazil. PROCIDADES - Londrina.
- Brazil. Program of Environmental Sanitation of CAESB - Phase 1.
- Brazil. Environmental Rehabilitation Belo Horizonte - SUPLEMENTARIO.
- Regional. Water and Sanitation Knowledege Week. Apr 16, 2013
- Guatemala. Support in Preparation and Bidding of Operational Technical Assistance (ATO). Mar 25, 2013
- Haiti. Water Availability and Integrated Water Resources Management in Northern Haiti. Mar 19, 2013
The IDB finances the expansion of basic services in Argentina, focusing on the northwestern Norte Grande region. Apr 11, 2013
AquaRating, a new and innovative water and sanitation providers’ performance assessment rating system, to discover its details at the 5th IW. Apr 5, 2013
Brazil’s State of Pernambuco to improve Ipojuca River basin’s environmental sanitation with IDB support
IDB approved a $200 million loan to promote environmental sanitation of the Ipojuca River basin in Brazil. Dec 21, 2012
Spanish Fund for Water
The IDB and the Government of Spain have established a partnership to mobilize at least $500 million in grants for projects to expand water and sanitation services to low-income people in the region.
- Tackling "Big Foot" (00:06:49)
- Discover AquaRating (01:51)
- True Neighborhoods (03:30)
- Montevideo, A Cleaner and Healthier City (03:15)
- Water for St. Marc (02:15)