Transportation in Latin America and the Caribbean
At the Inter-American Development Bank Transport’s Division we pursue the goal of promoting economic development and quality of life of its inhabitants through transportation and infrastructure activities in an efficient, affordable, sustainable and safe way.
Our operational and knowledge lines of action focus in an integrated view of the different types of passenger and freight transport (road, urban, rail, air, ports) in combination with the strategic areas of Road Safety, Freight Logistics and Sustainable Transport (REST), Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and Major Projects, which are the Banks’s differentiating factor in expertise and specific knowledge generation in the transportation sector in the Latin-American region.
Transport’s projects take into account the characteristics of each country, the importance of regional integration, gender dimensions and environmental, social and fiscal interventions while emphasizing the importance of public investment growth and of private sector participation in infrastructure financing.
Demand Solutions 2014 conference bridges the gap between innovative ideas & practical application to improve people’s lives around the world. Oct 22, 2014
With IDB support, the Brazilian city of Fortaleza will upgrade its urban transportation infrastructure. Oct 16, 2014
With IDB support, the Brazilian state of Sao Paulo will upgrade 500 kilometers of its highway network. Sep 12, 2014
IDB Transport Update
Source: BID Transporte
Road Safety Guidelines. Inter-American Development Bank.
Jun 30, 2014.
The V Road Safety Week ended with the objective of generating awareness actions for safety on the roads and, therefore, reduced traffic accidents.
Oct 6, 2013.
- Brazil. Support to the Northeast Region Productive Development Program - PRODEPRO.
- Brazil. Urban Requalification Program of the Western Region of Aracaju.
- Argentina. Support to the Buenos Aires Subway Transfer and Management Program.
- Belize. George Price Highway Rehabilitation. Nov 19, 2014
- Brazil. Londrina Sustainable Urban Development Program - PROCIDADES - LONDRINA. Oct 31, 2014
- Bolivia. Support to the Preparation and Execution of Road Projects. Oct 21, 2014
- Lord Norman Foster (03:00)