Transportation in Latin America and the Caribbean
At the Inter-American Development Bank Transport’s Division we pursue the goal of promoting economic development and quality of life of its inhabitants through transportation and infrastructure activities in an efficient, affordable, sustainable and safe way.
Our operational and knowledge lines of action focus in an integrated view of the different types of passenger and freight transport (road, urban, rail, air, ports) in combination with the strategic areas of Road Safety, Freight Logistics and Sustainable Transport (REST), Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and Major Projects, which are the Banks’s differentiating factor in expertise and specific knowledge generation in the transportation sector in the Latin-American region.
Transport’s projects take into account the characteristics of each country, the importance of regional integration, gender dimensions and environmental, social and fiscal interventions while emphasizing the importance of public investment growth and of private sector participation in infrastructure financing.
IDB approves $300 million loan for Panama to improve social protection and competitiveness in the freight logistics sector. Jun 19, 2015
Road safety video contest open to youth in Latin America and the Caribbean. Jun 18, 2015
The IDB approved $100 million for Costa Rica to finance its Border Integration Program. Jun 17, 2015
IDB Transport Update
Source: BID Transporte
Road Safety Guidelines. Inter-American Development Bank.
Jun 30, 2014.
The V Road Safety Week ended with the objective of generating awareness actions for safety on the roads and, therefore, reduced traffic accidents.
Oct 6, 2013.
- Belize. Preliminary Studies for the Rehabiliation of the Caracol Road.
- Bolivia. Support to Rural Roads Development Program.
- Brazil. Integrated Development Program of Campo Grande.
- Panama. Support For Panama's Transport and Logistics Sector Reform Program. Jun 17, 2015
- Belize. Capacity Building to Support Preparation of National Transportation Master Plan. May 27, 2015
- Argentina. Strengthening capacities in APP projects.. May 14, 2015