Transportation in Latin America and the Caribbean
At the Inter-American Development Bank Transport’s Division we pursue the goal of promoting economic development and quality of life of its inhabitants through transportation and infrastructure activities in an efficient, affordable, sustainable and safe way.
Our operational and knowledge lines of action focus in an integrated view of the different types of passenger and freight transport (road, urban, rail, air, ports) in combination with the strategic areas of Road Safety, Freight Logistics and Sustainable Transport (REST), Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and Major Projects, which are the Banks’s differentiating factor in expertise and specific knowledge generation in the transportation sector in the Latin-American region.
Transport’s projects take into account the characteristics of each country, the importance of regional integration, gender dimensions and environmental, social and fiscal interventions while emphasizing the importance of public investment growth and of private sector participation in infrastructure financing.
IDB will support Brazil’s state of Ceará to improve mobility, connectivity and safety conditions of strategic corridors. Dec 17, 2014
IDB approves $70 million grant to expand business facilities in the Caracol Industrial Park in Haiti and create jobs. Dec 12, 2014
A $185.5 million IDB loan will support Bolivia to pave and improve primary road network reforms. Dec 12, 2014
IDB Transport Update
Source: BID Transporte
Road Safety Guidelines. Inter-American Development Bank.
Jun 30, 2014.
The V Road Safety Week ended with the objective of generating awareness actions for safety on the roads and, therefore, reduced traffic accidents.
Oct 6, 2013.
- Brazil. Integrated Development Program of Campo Grande.
- Brazil. Santo Andre Urban Sustainable Mobility Program.
- Brazil. Support to the Northeast Region Productive Development Program - PRODEPRO.
- Regional. Support for the Preparation and Implementation of Megaprojects in LAC. Jan 26, 2015
- Regional. Program to Increase Women's Citizen Security in Urban Transport. Jan 15, 2015
- Brazil. Urban Development and Municipal Public Investment: Parana Urbano III. Dec 17, 2014
- Lord Norman Foster (03:00)