Sanctions Committee of the IDB Group
The Sanctions Committee is the second-tier of the Sanctions System. The Committee reviews and makes final decisions on cases where Respondents appeal the Sanctions Officer Determination. In accordance to the Sanctions Committee Charter, the Committee decides cases in full or in Panels, depending on the complexity of the case and nature of the decision.
The Committee is composed by three Bank staff, four external members, and one alternate member from the Inter-American Investment Corporation, all of whom are appointed by the President of the IDB Group. One of the members of the Committee also serves as Chairperson, who currently is Mr. Andrés Rigo Sureda.
The Sanctions Committee has a Secretariat, which is in charge of receiving all submissions communicating with the parties on behalf of the Committee.
Sanctions Committee Members
- Andrés Rigo Sureda, External Member and Committee Chairperson
- Morgan Doyle, Internal Member and Committee Vice-Chairperson
- María Florencia Attademo-Hirt, Internal Member
- Felipe Gómez-Acebo, Internal Member
- Marisela Alvarenga de Jacoby, Alternate Internal Member from the Inter-American Investment Corporation
- Josefa Sicard-Mirabal, External Member
- Alan Bacarese, External Member
- Don DeAmicis, External Member
- Edson Mori