Integrity is essential to the IDB Group’s mission of promoting development throughout Latin America and the Caribbean. Corruption weakens democratic institutions, discourages investment and job creation. Ultimately, it hits the poor and those without access to legal recourse the hardest.
All parties participating in IDB Group-financed activities are held to the highest standards of integrity. Bank staff are obligated to report any possible violation of the IDB Group’s anti-corruption regulations.
The Bank’s integrity program focuses on three distinct, but closely related areas:
Areas of Work
Support programs that will help IDB borrowing member countries strengthen good governance, enforce the rule of law and combat corruption.
Ensure that activities financed by the Bank are free of fraud and corruption and executed with proper safeguards.
Ensure that Bank staff act in accordance with the highest levels of integrity and that the institution’s internal policies and procedures are committed to this goal.
- Regional. Institutional Capacity Strengthening Visiting Research Fellows Program. Nov 17, 2011
- Guatemala. Transparency and Integrity in the Selection and Employment of Civil Servants. Dec 14, 2010
- Brazil. National Prog. to Support the Adm. and Fiscal Manag Brazilian Municipios-PNAFM. Nov 30, 2009
- Argentina. Enhancing Transparency in Subsidies Allocation. Jun 12, 2009
- Ecuador. Transparency in the Extractive Industry in Ecuador. Feb 17, 2009
- Chile. Learning Together: Strengthening Community and Education. Dec 8, 2008