Conference Format, Calendar, and Logistics
The 8th Annual Conference of the LACEA Trade, Integration and Growth Network (TIGN) will be held in Montevideo, Uruguay May 19th-20th, 2017.
This conference is sponsored by LACEA, the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), the CAF-Development Bank of Latin America (CAF), and RIDGE, and is hosted by RIDGE. The local organizers are Lorenzo Caliendo and Marcel Vaillant.
- The deadline for submissions is February 28, 2017. Please only submit papers written in English and in PDF format. While detailed abstracts will be accepted, there is a strong preference for nearly completed papers.
- The final selection of papers will be made by March 15, 2017 More This year selection of contributed papers and discussants will be made by a Program Committee whose members are Lorenzo Caliendo (Yale University), Brian Kovak (Carnegie Mellon University), Kala Krishna (Penn State University), Pablo Sanguinetti (CAF), Marcel Vaillant (Universidad de la República), and Christian Volpe Martincus (IDB).Hide
- The final versions of the papers must be delivered by April 20, 2017
- The conference program including links to the papers to be presented will be posted in the website by April 30, 2017.
- The selected papers will be presented along invited contributions at the 8th Annual Conference of the LACEA Trade, Integration and Growth Network (TIGN) on May 19th-20th, 2017.
The selected authors’ and invited discussants’ travel (economy class) and accommodation expenditures to participate at the Conference will be reimbursed by the sponsoring organizations. Researchers currently occupying policymaking positions are welcome to participate at the conference without presenting a paper. These participants will, however, have to procure funding from their own institutions to participate in the event. Detailed guidelines explaining the logistics of the conference will be provided at a later stage.
If you are interested in participating, please fill out the form online and submit your paper through this website.