Solid Waste Management
At the IDB we have a vision: a region with clean cities, capable of providing integrated services for solid waste management to the entire population, tailored to local realities, sustainable from the environmental and economic point of view, and socially inclusive.
To reach that vision, in 2009 the Water and Sanitation Initiative created a specialized group for solid waste management and has established a long-term program to support IDB activities in the sector.
- Venezuela. Sanitation of Guaire River. Sep 13, 2012
- Peru. Project for the Development of Solid Waste Management Systems in Priority Areas. Jul 24, 2012
- Nicaragua. INTEGRATED, SUSTAINABLE SOLID WASTE PROGRAM IN NICARAGUA'S SOUTHERN AU. Jun 21, 2012
- Uruguay. Workshop "Sharing experiences of informal recyclers". Nov 23, 2011
- Uruguay. Montevideo Sanitation Program (PSU IV) Supplementary Financing. Oct 26, 2011
- Bolivia. Support preparation and initial implementation Solid Waste Project in Bolivia. Oct 24, 2011
Energy Efficiency Facility to support companies to make investments in energy efficiency, small-scale, self-supply renewable energy projects. Apr 12, 2013
Brazil’s Manaus improves sanitation and living conditions for poor families in watersheds. Mar 4, 2013
IDB loan of $246.5 million to finance the first phase of a program to improve environmental conditions in Trinidad and Tobago. Dec 13, 2012
Regional Evaluation of Municipal Solid Waste Management in Latin America and the Caribbean 2010.
- Tackling "Big Foot" (00:06:49)
- Montevideo, A Cleaner and Healthier City (03:15)
- Latin American solutions (34:00)