Solid Waste Management
At the IDB we have a vision: a region with clean cities, capable of providing integrated services for solid waste management to the entire population, tailored to local realities, sustainable from the environmental and economic point of view, and socially inclusive.
To reach that vision, in 2009 the Water and Sanitation Initiative created a specialized group for solid waste management and has established a long-term program to support IDB activities in the sector.
- Guatemala. Strengthening the Waste Management System in the Lake Atitlan Watershed. Feb 12, 2014
- Brazil. Strengthening the Governance and Management of the Guanabara Bay. Dec 12, 2013
- Peru. Support Strengthening Solid Waste Sector for Recovery Degraded Areas. Dec 12, 2013
- Paraguay. Support Integrated Sanitation Program and Bay Area Metropolitana de Asunción. Jul 10, 2013
- Venezuela. Sanitation of Guaire River. Sep 13, 2012
- Peru. Project for the Development of Solid Waste Management Systems in Priority Areas. Jul 24, 2012
The IDB surveyed 5,000 people in five Latin American megacities to gauge the infrastructure priorities of urban citizens. Mar 28, 2014
The IDB, MIT, ANCON and IIDKY will support Guna communities in the improvement of solid waste management in one of Panama’s tourist hotspots. Jan 18, 2014
IDB FEMSA Foundation presented organizations in Bolivia, Colombia and Belize with award. Nov 13, 2013
Regional Evaluation of Municipal Solid Waste Management in Latin America and the Caribbean 2010.
- Recycling Dreams (01:50)
- How Can You Print a Building? (22:52)
- Tackling "Big Foot" (00:06:49)