Solid Waste Management
At the IDB we have a vision: a region with clean cities, capable of providing integrated services for solid waste management to the entire population, tailored to local realities, sustainable from the environmental and economic point of view, and socially inclusive.
To reach that vision, in 2009 the Water and Sanitation Initiative created a specialized group for solid waste management and has established a long-term program to support IDB activities in the sector.
- Paraguay. Support Integrated Sanitation Program and Bay Area Metropolitana de Asunción. Jul 10, 2013
- Venezuela. Sanitation of Guaire River. Sep 13, 2012
- Peru. Project for the Development of Solid Waste Management Systems in Priority Areas. Jul 24, 2012
- Nicaragua. INTEGRATED, SUSTAINABLE SOLID WASTE PROGRAM IN NICARAGUA'S SOUTHERN AU. Jun 21, 2012
- Uruguay. Workshop "Sharing experiences of informal recyclers". Nov 23, 2011
IDB FEMSA Foundation presented organizations in Bolivia, Colombia and Belize with award. Nov 13, 2013
Regional initiative invests more than $8 million to improve conditions for recyclers in Latin America
Regional Initiative for Inclusive Recycling invests more than $8 million to improve conditions for recyclers in Latin America and Caribbean. Oct 23, 2013
IDB presents Paraguay's Orchestra of Recycled Instruments of Cateura, in their debut performance in Washington, DC. Aug 14, 2013
Regional Evaluation of Municipal Solid Waste Management in Latin America and the Caribbean 2010.
- How Can You Print a Building? (22:52)
- Tackling "Big Foot" (00:06:49)
- Montevideo, A Cleaner and Healthier City (03:15)