Solid Waste Management
At the IDB we have a vision: a region with clean cities, capable of providing integrated services for solid waste management to the entire population, tailored to local realities, sustainable from the environmental and economic point of view, and socially inclusive.
To reach that vision, in 2009 the Water and Sanitation Initiative created a specialized group for solid waste management and has established a long-term program to support IDB activities in the sector.
- Ecuador. Strengthening Sustainability in the New Quito International Airport: A Shared Va.
- Honduras. Support for integrated management of municipal solid waste sector in Honduras.
- Paraguay. Integrated Sanitation Program of Asuncion. Dec 15, 2014
- Belize. Solid Waste Master Plan for Tourist Areas. Sep 24, 2014
- Argentina. Integrated Urban Solid Waste Management Program.. Jul 16, 2014
- Guatemala. Strengthening the Waste Management System in the Lake Atitlan Watershed. Feb 12, 2014
Ecuador will expand water sanitation and solid waste services with $120 million IDB loan. Jun 26, 2014
The IDB surveyed 5,000 people in five Latin American megacities to gauge the infrastructure priorities of urban citizens. Mar 28, 2014
The IDB, MIT, ANCON and IIDKY will support Guna communities in the improvement of solid waste management in one of Panama’s tourist hotspots. Jan 18, 2014
Regional Evaluation of Municipal Solid Waste Management in Latin America and the Caribbean 2010.
- Recycling Dreams (01:50)
- How Can You Print a Building? (22:52)
- Tackling "Big Foot" (00:06:49)