Why Partner With Us?
Partnership is essential to our work at the IDB, as we believe joining forces, complementing resources, and sharing knowledge and expertise is the surest way to make a meaningful impact in the region.
Here is what we bring to the table:
- Through our convening power, close government relationships, specialized knowledge and vast network in 26 LAC countries, we provide greater efficiency and impact to our collaborations.
- Through our ties across the region, we connect diverse and valuable stakeholders.
- Through our expertise and financial support, we help implement scalable programs that deliver results.
Here is what our partners bring to the table:
- Through knowledge and information sharing, our partners provide innovation and know-how to improve projects.
- Through people, diverse organizations provide and finance experts so the region can tap into their skillset and experience.
- Through financial resources, our partners help fund solutions to the region’s development challenges.
Here are examples of what we can accomplish together:
- We can inspire innovation.
- The 2013 IDEAS Energy Contest brought together GDF Suez, the Nordic Development Fund and the Government of South Korea to reward innovative solutions to the region’s energy challenges.
- We can connect communities.
- The Government of South Korea, GSMA, UIT, Internet Society, OECD, Cisco, Alcatel-Lucent, and a handful of prospective partners are helping the IDB connect communities through increased broadband access.
- We can energize the future while protecting the environment.
- With support from the IDB and the Associação Brasileira das Empresas Aéreas (Abear) da União Brasileira do Biodiesel e Bioquerosene (Ubrabio), GE and Boeing, GOL airlines flew the first ever bio-fueled plane in Brazil.
- We can spark social change for the better.
- Through sports for development projects, the IDB and 36 partners have worked toward the social inclusion of youth, teaching them values through play that will prove essential for life.
- We can promote transparency and support institutions.
- Through the Bank’s Transparency Trust Fund, Canada, MasterCard and Norway have helped strengthen the institutional capacity of borrowing member countries and supported accountability throughout the region.
- We can shape the building blocks of society.
- Corporación Andina de Fomento, the European Investment Bank and the World Bank are improving Quito’s metropolitan transport system through co-financing resources.
- We can support equality.
- To improve and accelerate the expansion of its Coletivo program, which provides training and support to low-income entrepreneurial women and youth, the Coca-Cola Company has joined forces with the Multilateral Investment Fund.
- We can invest with an impact.
- With partners like the Global Impact Investing Network, the IDB is working to create an ecosystem for impact investments that generate social and financial returns for all.
- We can build a more inclusive labor market.
- SABMiller is helping the IDB revolutionize the labor climate in LAC helping small shopkeepers, or ‘tenderos,’ escape poverty through access to formal and low-interest microcredit loans, professional training and support.