Labor and Pensions
Through its Labor Markets and Social Security Unit, the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) promotes more and better jobs in Latin America and the Caribbean. The IDB strives to advance the goals of poverty reduction, equality of opportunities, and higher productivity through employment services and better training, improved design and reach of social insurance, and better labor market analysis and information. In order to achieve these goals, the IDB currently focuses on analytical work and projects in the following four main areas: Intermediation, Labor Training, Social Security and Labor Migration.
Areas of Action
Peru modernizes management to improve universal coverage of health services, with an IDB loan of $300 million.
Nov 19, 2015.
IDB approves $300 million loan to improve the efficiency of health spending in the Dominican Republic
IDB approved $300 million for the Dominican Republic to improve social security and efficiency of health spending.
Nov 19, 2015.
The IDB Group's Multilateral Investment Fund (MIF) and the MetLife Foundation announced that they will fund a project to promote savings.
Oct 28, 2015.
- Paraguay. Support Program Paraguayan Pension System.
- Nicaragua. Linking Rural Youth with Supply Chains and Markets.
- Panama. Support For Panama's Transport and Logistics Sector Reform Program II.
- Brazil. Entrepreneurial Generation. Dec 9, 2015
- Trinidad and Tobago. This is Me. Dec 3, 2015
- Mexico. Technical Support to strengthen Mexico's skills development system. Dec 2, 2015
- A Door to Employment (04:45)
- Honduras Promotes Youth Employment (4:08)
- Youth and Employment (05:03)
- The Age of Productivity (3:40)
- The Age of Productivity (44:24)