Labor and Pensions
Through its Labor Markets and Social Security Unit, the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) promotes more and better jobs in Latin America and the Caribbean. The IDB strives to advance the goals of poverty reduction, equality of opportunities, and higher productivity through employment services and better training, improved design and reach of social insurance, and better labor market analysis and information. In order to achieve these goals, the IDB currently focuses on analytical work and projects in the following four main areas: Intermediation, Labor Training, Social Security and Labor Migration.
Areas of Action
The Brazilian state of Ceará will expand coverage of social services and job opportunities with a $50 million loan from the IDB.
Dec 19, 2014.
Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador present the “Plan of the Alliance for Prosperity in the Northern Triangle” at the IDB
Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador present “Plan of the Alliance for Prosperity in the Northern Triangle” at the IDB.
Nov 12, 2014.
The IDB announced a $5 million 5-year callable step-up green bond. This EYE Bond was lead managed by J.P. Morgan (JPM).
Oct 8, 2014.
- El Salvador. Strengthening of the Pensions System. Dec 15, 2014
- Peru. Support to the Reform of the Labor Skills System in Peru. Dec 15, 2014
- Paraguay. Program to Strengthen the Pension System in Paraguay. Dec 3, 2014
- Bolivia. Intercultural Model for Workforce Integration of Indigenous Youth in El Alto. Nov 12, 2014
- El Salvador. Pathways for Youth. Nov 12, 2014
- A Door to Employment (04:45)
- Honduras Promotes Youth Employment (4:08)
- Youth and Employment (05:03)
- The Age of Productivity (3:40)
- The Age of Productivity (44:24)