Labor and Pensions
Through its Labor Markets and Social Security Unit, the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) promotes more and better jobs in Latin America and the Caribbean. The IDB strives to advance the goals of poverty reduction, equality of opportunities, and higher productivity through employment services and better training, improved design and reach of social insurance, and better labor market analysis and information. In order to achieve these goals, the IDB currently focuses on analytical work and projects in the following four main areas: Intermediation, Labor Training, Social Security and Labor Migration.
Areas of Action
In the absence of reforms, the growing middle class may be vulnerable to poverty in old age. Launch of 'Pensions at a Glance: Latin America and the Caribbean', a joint publication of the OECD, the World Bank (WB) and the IDB.
Apr 20, 2015.
The Future of Pensions in Latin America and the Caribbean
Apr 14, 2015.
Launch of 'Pensions at a Glance: Latin America and the Caribbean', a joint publication of the OECD, the World Bank (WB) and the IDB.
Apr 9, 2015.
- Paraguay. Support Program Paraguayan Pension System.
- Mexico. Support to the Employment Formalization Programs.
- Peru. Improv. Employm Center effectiv. of services in labor insertion of urban youth.
- Barbados. Building capacity for public policy enhancment in Social & Labor Intermediation. Jul 17, 2015
- Regional. Bridging the skills gap in Latin America and the Caribbean. Jul 14, 2015
- Regional. Skills for Work: Action Plans for the Bahamas and El Salvador. Jul 1, 2015
- A Door to Employment (04:45)
- Honduras Promotes Youth Employment (4:08)
- Youth and Employment (05:03)
- The Age of Productivity (3:40)
- The Age of Productivity (44:24)