Labor and Pensions
Through its Labor Markets and Social Security Unit, the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) promotes more and better jobs in Latin America and the Caribbean. The IDB strives to advance the goals of poverty reduction, equality of opportunities, and higher productivity through employment services and better training, improved design and reach of social insurance, and better labor market analysis and information. In order to achieve these goals, the IDB currently focuses on analytical work and projects in the following four main areas: Intermediation, Labor Training, Social Security and Labor Migration.
Areas of Action
Registration opens for event seeking innovative solutions to development challenges in Latin America and the Caribbean
Registration opens for event Ideas for improving lives in Peru seeking innovative solutions to development challenges in the region.
Oct 6, 2015.
Peru will improve and expand its single windows for employment and international trade with the help of $50 million in loans from the IDB.
Oct 5, 2015.
New IDB study explores labor policies to boost productivity.
Sep 21, 2015.
- Paraguay. Support Program Paraguayan Pension System.
- Mexico. Technical Support to strengthen Mexico's skills development system.
- Guyana. Design and Execution of a Labor Force Survey.
- Trinidad and Tobago. Manpower Strategy for Trinidad and Tobago. Oct 1, 2015
- Peru. Improvement and Expansion of employment Center Services for Formal Job placement. Sep 30, 2015
- Barbados. Building capacity for public policy enhancment in Social & Labor Intermediation. Jul 17, 2015
- A Door to Employment (04:45)
- Honduras Promotes Youth Employment (4:08)
- Youth and Employment (05:03)
- The Age of Productivity (3:40)
- The Age of Productivity (44:24)