Labor and Pensions
Through its Labor Markets and Social Security Unit, the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) promotes more and better jobs in Latin America and the Caribbean. The IDB strives to advance the goals of poverty reduction, equality of opportunities, and higher productivity through employment services and better training, improved design and reach of social insurance, and better labor market analysis and information. In order to achieve these goals, the IDB currently focuses on analytical work and projects in the following four main areas: Intermediation, Labor Training, Social Security and Labor Migration.
Areas of Action
Paraguay started the first round of data collection for the Longitudinal Social Protection Survey (LSPS) today, February 23rd 2015. This survey will measure the status of social security and pension system in the country. Thus, Paraguay has become the fourth country to create this survey, along with Colombia, El Salvador and Uruguay.
Feb 23, 2015.
The Inter-American Dialogue will host a special roundtable discussion marking the release of Social Insurance, Informality, and Labor Markets: How to Protect Workers While Creating Good Jobs.
Feb 9, 2015.
The Brazilian state of Ceará will expand coverage of social services and job opportunities with a $50 million loan from the IDB.
Dec 19, 2014.
- Paraguay. Support Program Paraguayan Pension System.
- Peru. Improv. VUPE effectiv. of services in labor insertion of urban youth.
- El Salvador. Strengthening of the Pensions System. Dec 15, 2014
- Peru. Support to the Reform of the Labor Skills System in Peru. Dec 15, 2014
- Paraguay. Program to Strengthen the Pension System in Paraguay. Dec 3, 2014
- Bolivia. Intercultural Model for Workforce Integration of Indigenous Youth in El Alto. Nov 12, 2014
- A Door to Employment (04:45)
- Honduras Promotes Youth Employment (4:08)
- Youth and Employment (05:03)
- The Age of Productivity (3:40)
- The Age of Productivity (44:24)