- Guatemala. Revaluation of Native Plants of High Nutritional Value to Promote Food Safety an. Nov 20, 2015
- Chile. Support to the Design of the Heritage Program for Chilean Indigenous Peoples. Jun 13, 2014
- Regional. Cultural Atlas of the Americas. Jun 26, 2012
- Ecuador. Protection and Recovery of Cultural Heritage Assets program. Dec 13, 2011
- Colombia. Music and Life: Music Schools for at Risk Youth. Oct 19, 2010
- Guatemala. Analysis and Quantification of Cultural Industries of Guatemala. Feb 6, 2007
Seven acclaimed Cuban artists participate in their first show in Washington, D.C., Dec. 9 through March 10, 2016. Dec 2, 2015
IDB seeks the most innovative start-ups in the creative and cultural industries in Latin America and the Caribbean
IDB is seeking the most innovative start-ups in the creative & cultural industries from LatAm & the Caribbean. Nov 12, 2015
Juscelino Kubitschek Award - Fourth Edition
Date: Nov, 2015
The aim of this note is to explain how potential impacts on cultural heritage should be addressed in the context of IDB projects. The note sets out basic steps for the management of cultural heritage sites and objects that may be encountered during implementation of Bank- financed projects. It considers why the protection of cultural heritage is important, what kind of expertise is required to identify and evaluate cultural heritage, and what level of effort is required to ensure that concerns for cultural heritage are effectively integrated into the social, environmental, institutional, and financial analysis of a project. Above all, this note is intended to ensure that concerns about cultural heritage are addressed systematically as an integral part of the Bank's social and environmental impact assessment procedures.
Date: Sep, 2014
The Maya in a Millennial Perspective looks at the deep history of the lowland Maya. It examines what the Maya thought about the world around them and how they crafted nature into a flourishing economy that supported the grand, courtly cities that dominated the Maya world during the Classic Period (250-800 CE).