Citizen Security Initiative
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the main thematic priorities?
- Social Prevention
- Situational Prevention
- Preventive Policing
- Criminal justice
- Penitentiary systems and social rehabilitation and reinsertion
- Citizen Security Governance
Which entities are eligible for funding?
- Borrowing countries, including national and subnational entities
- Regional and subregional governmental institutions
- Non-Profit organizations and community organizations
What are the selection criteria?
Proposals will be selected according to:
- their compliance with IDB's framework of action and priorities in the area of citizen security;
- their alignement with the objective and pillars of the Initiative; the Bank-country strategies; regional and sectorial strategies;
- their socio-economic, environmental, financial, technical, institutional and legal viability.
Additionally other criteria will be considered:
- Expected catalytical impact;
- Potential for innovation, evaluation and adaptability;
- Comprehensive nature;
- Regional balance.