IDB Group Sustainable Infrastructure 360º Awards – Overview
The IDB Private Sector Infrastructure Sustainability Awards, or the Infrastructure 360° Awards, seek to identify, assess, and reward sustainable infrastructure investments made by the private sector and public private partnerships in the IDB borrowing member countries. The Awards recognize outstanding sustainability practices in infrastructure investments in the region with emphasis on climate and environment, as well as leading practices in social impact, governance and innovation.
The main objective of the Infrastructure 360° Awards is to help identify and promote ways in which sustainable approaches by the private sector and public private partnerships can be used to plan, design, construct, and operate infrastructure projects. The Infrastructure 360° Awards are the only infrastructure sustainability awards in the Americas. The first group of awardees was announced at the IDB's Annual Meeting in Sauípe, Brazil, March 28, 2014. View the Video of the first Award Ceremony
Each year, winners are selected by a jury of infrastructure and sustainability experts from around the world, based on detailed project assessments provided by the Harvard Zofnass Program for Infrastructure Sustainability housed at the Harvard Graduate School of Design. There are three award categories that are designed to recognize cutting-edge sustainability practices, including innovation, governance and collaborative efforts that make those projects world leaders in sustainability. In addition, if unanimously proposed by the jury, there could be a transformational award to reward a project that exhibits innovative standards and approaches that could help transform the development of infrastructure.
Who Should Apply?
Submissions are welcomed and encouraged from all infrastructure projects that meet the following criteria:
- Located at an IDB borrowing member country in Latin America and the Caribbean;
- Be at least at 70% completion of construction works, or in operation during the past three years;
- Have an asset value of at least US $30 million;
- Be a private sector project or a public private partnership (PPP), with at least 51% equity owned by a private sector entity;
- Belong to the following categories: Energy; Transportation; Water; Waste; and Telecommunications;
Projects selected as finalists in previous years are ineligible for consideration for a period of three (3) years following their selection. After the three year period, finalists may only re-apply to the Infrastructure 360° Awards after demonstrating a significant improvement of their sustainability performance, by inclusion of the Harvard Zofnass recommendations or other similar efforts. Re-admittance into the Awards will be determined by the Harvard Zofnass program.
Why Should You Apply?
Applying to the Infrastructure 360° Awards boosts public awareness of your project, and provides you with valuable insights from a detailed analysis carried out by an expert team of industry experts and academics.
Milestones and Deadlines for 2016
- Final deadline for submission for the 2016 Awards: June 5, 2015.
- Selection of 12 Finalists by the Harvard Zofnass Program: July 2015.
- Press Release 2016 Finalists: September 3, 2015.
- Selection of 2016 Winners: January 2016.
- Announcement of 2016 Winners: April 15, 2016.