Potential C2F Project: Energy Efficiency
- A hotel or manufacturing plant is considering installing advanced energy efficiency systems, either:
- Retrofitting/replacing equipment before its lifetime; or
- Building a new facility that is implementing energy efficiency above and beyond business as usual.
- The payback of the projects is beyond the company’s two year payback benchmark for capital improvement investments.
- The Canadian Climate Fund can provide debt for the cost of the systems at theinterestrate needed to increase the project’s return to the company’s hurdle rate for these investments.