EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING FOR ALL CHILDREN AND YOUTH IN LATIN AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN
International evidence shows that quality education is fundamental for economic growth and development. However, student assessments show that in Latin America and the Caribbean performance continues to be: Low compared to successful education systems and even to countries that have a similar GDP per capita from other regions; Unequal among students from different socioeconomic groups, race, gender, and geographic origin; and Inadequate, because student learning is disconnected from the labor market demands and society’s needs. The IDB supports the countries of the region in promoting effective teaching and learning for all children and youth by pursuing excellence in 5 Dimensions of Success. These include:
1. High expectations guide education services;
2. All students enter the education system ready to learn;
3. All students have access to effective teachers;
4. All schools have adequate resources and are able to use them for learning;
5. All graduates have the necessary skills to enter in the labor market and contribute productively to society.
Hello, Welcome to the IDB!
Please join our mailing list by simply entering your email below.
Show inline popup 1
Show inline popup 2
Show inline popup 3
Show inline popup 4