The objective of this seminar was to discuss critical factors in the implementation of Conditional Transfer Programs (CCT) in Central America and learn about IDB's experience to respond to those challenges as presented in the evaluation: "Comparative Case Studies: Review of IDB Institutional Support to the Conditional Cash Transfer in Three Lower-Middle-Income Countries", published in 2015.
Apr 25, 2016.
This evaluation assesses the Inter-American Development Bank Group’s (IDBG’s) direct and indirect work through almost 300 Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) financial intermediaries (FIs). This line of work is important not only to IDBG, which provided FIs with $17 billion in approvals from 2005 to 2014, but also to a majority of development finance institutions (DFIs) that view these operations as a cost-effective way to reach smaller beneficiaries. Yet most DFIs have concerns about FI operations’ development effectiveness and attribution of results.
Mar 18, 2016.
This is the second Annual Report OVE has produced. The first section provides a brief overview of the evaluation work OVE undertook in 2015. The second section addresses a special topic of current relevance in IDB—this year, policy-based lending. Policy-based loans are a key component of IDB’s toolkit to assist LAC countries.
Mar 18, 2016.
The objective of the seminar was to create a space for dialogue and exchange of experiences and knowledge among agencies in charge of providing agricultural health and food safety services, the private sector, and specialists and evaluators from the IDB, among other actors.
Oct 27, 2015.
Evaluation in Latin America (Facebook)
- The IEO releases the report on "The IMF and the Crises in Greece, Ireland, and Portugal." Source: Independent Evaluation Office
- The IEO has posted the final issues paper for the evaluation of The IMF and Social Protection. Source: Independent Evaluation Office
- 3ie bursary for USAID’s 'Impact Evaluation of Population, Health and Nutrition Programs' workshop Source: International Initiative for Impact Evaluation
- Program officer, Evidence-Informed Policymaking, Global Development and Population Program, The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation Source: International Initiative for Impact Evaluation
- Science, technology, innovation and partnerships intern, Washington, DC Source: International Initiative for Impact Evaluation