Becoming a Partner
A specialized team of professionals in Washington, Tokyo, Madrid and 26 Latin American and Caribbean countries are dedicated to identifying opportunities for collaboration and engaging with partners.
Our partners can work with the IDB to:
- Co-finance programs and projects
- Create or strengthen multi-donor thematic finds targeting key social needs.
- Share institutional capacity, knowledge, and/ or specialized expertise
- Co-sponsor initiatives and events that promote a culture of philanthropy and/or corporate social responsibility.
IDB can help its partners:
- Leverage their existing programs through Bank co-financing.
- Pool resources to create or strengthen thematic trust funds for special needs.
- Share knowledge, institutional capacity, and innovative approaches.
- Raise visibility for their efforts and awareness for a cause.
- Improve efficiency and impact, by scaling-up promising projects and programs
- Promote a culture of results-oriented philanthropy and CSR.
- Engage more effectively with local and national governments and other key stakeholders throughout the region.
The IDB’s partners come from a wide range of sectors.
IDB partners with the Bank’s non-borrowing member countries to finance technical cooperation activities and provide loans, grants and knowledge transfer to the region.
IDB partners with companies that seek to pursue socially-responsible growth opportunities that simultaneously generate public goods applying best private sector practices.
IDB partners with foundations, NGOs, civil society organizations and individuals to find joint results-based solutions to pressing development issues.