Mar 29, 2009
IDB Annual Meeting agenda highlights - March 29
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Informal meeting of the Board of Governors. (This event is closed to the public)
2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Press conference: Dominican Republic Finance Minister Vicente Bengoa Albizu. (RP-02 Briefing Room, Plaza Mayor Convention Center)
3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Meeting of the Committee of the Board of Governors of the Inter-American Investment Corporation. (This event is closed to the public)
4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Press conference: Enrique V. Iglesias, Secretary General of the Ibero-American General Secretariat. (RP-02 Briefing Room, Plaza Mayor Convention Center)
5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Inaugural session of the IDB Board of Governors annual meeting. (Metropolitan Theater)
Words of welcome: Alonso Salazar, Mayor of Medellin, and Luis Alfredo Ramos, governor of Antioquia.
- Timothy Geithner, U.S. Treasury Secretary
- Oscar Iván Zuluaga, Colombia Finance Minister
- José Miguel Insulza, Secretary General of the Organization of American States
- Luis Alberto Moreno, IDB President
- Álvaro Uribe, President of Colombia
8:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Dinner for IDB Governors. (This event is closed to the public)