MICI’s mandate excludes the following:
- Accountability issues that are covered by other offices of the IDB Group:
Specific acts of employees of the IDB Group: Ethics Office
Prohibited practices or corruption: Institutional Integrity Office
Procurement and consultant contracting issues: Procurement Office IDB / IIC
- Administrative or financial matters of the IDB Group.
- Complaints that are anonymous or clearly groundless.
- Matters that have already been reviewed by MICI, unless justified by new evidence or circumstances not available at the time of the initial complaint.
- Particular matters raised in a complaint that are under arbitral or judicial review in an IDB-member country.
- Complaints related to operations that have not yet been approved.
- Complaints that are filed more than 24 months after the last disbursement of the relevant operation.