2018 IDB Winter Internship Program
More than an internship… a life experience!
The program provides up to 25 undergraduate and graduate university students from around the world with the opportunity to learn about development work and corporate management at the IDB, Interns will receive first hand work experience, either working directly with teams coordinating development projects or with teams in our corporate and/or strategic core including communications, technology and legal.. All internships take place at IDB Headquarters in Washington DC, USA from January 16 through March 15, 2018.
| || |
- Only citizens of one of our 48 member countries are eligible to apply.
- Candidates hired in the past under any other employment modality of the IDB do not qualify.
- Applicants who have family members or close relatives working at the IDB are not eligible. This restriction applies to candidates within and including the 4th degree of consanguinity and the 2nd degree of affinity.
- The preliminary selection of candidates is done by the Human Resources Department (HRD), based on the program requirements and the specific needs of the hiring departments.
- The hiring departments will conduct phone interviews with the most qualified candidates and send their final selection to HRD.
- Due to the high volume of applications, HRD will contact ONLY selected candidates.
- Candidates with more than 5 applications will be automatically disqualified.
- Candidates must be available to work full time during the internship period.
- Interns will receive a stipend for living expenses. However, they are responsible for the costs associated with their travel expenses to/from Washington, DC, as well as for providing proof of medical coverage for the duration of the internship.
- For non US citizens, the IDB provides support to obtain a G-4 Visa. The intern will be responsible to comply with the requirements to obtain the G-4 Visa.
- Candidates with US student visa, and university work authorization are welcome to apply.