ASI is mainly responsible for:
- Collaborate with the relevant Bank departments in promoting resources mobilization to enhance the Bank activities in LAC, such as cofinancing, establishment of trust funds and other forms of support from Japan, Korea, China and other East Asian countries.
- Inform the Japanese and Korean, Chinese private sector on trade and investment opportunities in LAC, as well as those business opportunities afforded by Bank-financed opportunities.
- Provide information and support to the public at large on Bank activities, and operations under processing and in execution, in accordance with the Bank's public disclosure policy.
- Foster and maintain relationships with the Japanese, Korean and Chinese media.
- Inform Bank management on relevant developments in Japan, Korea, China and other East Asian countries which may have impact on the Bank activities.
- Assist the Bank's Human Resources Department in the identification of qualified Japanese, Korean and Chinese staff and consultants for recruitment process.
- Assist the Bank's president, high level officers and other staff in carrying out official missions in Japan, Korea, China and other East Asian countries.