Our priorities and areas of action
To help the region achieve greater economic and social progress, the IDB has the following main areas of action:
- Reducing poverty and social inequalities;
- Addressing the needs of small and vulnerable countries*;
- Fostering development through the private sector;
- Addressing climate change, renewable energy and environmental sustainability; and
- Promoting regional cooperation and integration.
Our Institutional Strategy: Report on the Ninth General Increase in the Resources of the Inter-American Development Bank (PDF)
* As defined in the Report on the Ninth General Capital Increase, these borrowing member countries, also known as Group C and D countries, are Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago and Uruguay.