Historical Milestones 2009-2010
- Lending ($15.5 billion) and disbursements ($11.9 billion) achieve new highs.
- Debt relief for Haiti finalized; Grant Facility established with initial approvals of $122 million.
- Offer to transfer single-currency and Currency Pooling System adjustable loan balances to LIBOR-based or fixed-base cost rate, resulting in initial $26.3 billion in conversions.
- China becomes IDB´s forty-eighth member country.
- Governors approve Ninth General Capital Increase of $70 billion, largest in IDB history and first in 16 years.
- Haiti devastated by massive earthquake. IDB pardons Haiti debt and makes $200 million available in annual grants.
- Luis Alberto Moreno elected to second five-year term.
- Expanded financing of conditional cash transfer programs including Oportunidades (Mexico) and Familias en Acción (Colombia).